Tailgate locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOWBLAZERO1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
KANSAS CITY, MO
rustyroger said:
Anyone know where I can get tailgate locks for my 79 Century wagon & 83 cutlass wagon?.
I BELIVE THEY ARE THE SAME AS A FIRST GENERATION S-10 BLAZER, BUT DONT HOLD ME TO THAT.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
found one that (almost) fits

I tried the gm dealer network last time I was in the USA, also a bunch of junkyards with no luck. But I found the hood lock from the British Ford Transit van can be made to fit, it needs a little work to make it fit but it works OK. I needed a secure lock on my 79 century 'cos I nearly always end up fixing my buddies shiny show cars and want my tools secure. If all cars were as reliable as my century mechanics would starve!.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
These locks are the same as the first generation S-10 Blazer only that they're black and not chrome. Same part, though.
I read on the one of the G-body forums that they're available over the counter at your neighborhood Advance Auto Parts. Cheaper than the GM dealer or the one listed on Fleabay.

I once had a link to it...sorry.
I used to remove them at the local U-Pull-It and had them keyed to match my door locks.

Jack

* Sorry, I see that you're in the UK. The dealer or GM parts direct might be your best bet.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I will check out advance this weekend and let you guys know

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
thanks for the link but that figures it is not available in stores only online

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
went to autozone and asked for a "trunk lock" for a 88 s10 blazer bought it for 11 bucks and it wirkslike a charm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor