Texas82GP's GMT900

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You mean the dance move, right?

When I went to look up a clever meme to insert, the Internet made me aware of a whole new ‘better living through chemistry’ concept I had never heard of before.

Me and my sheltered little world.:unsure:
Doesn't this stuff have that Paula Abdul commercial? He probably started dancing around like her after putting it on.

Didn't happen to me cause I still have a stockpile of the prescription generic, but he's got the retail name brand... he gets the full benefits

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So I'm glad to say I'm feeling much better. It's not 100% better but it's 98-99%. I addressed the problem with the Chiropractor. I took the MRI report to him and his opinion was that the amounts my discs are bulging is very small and was not the cause of my misery.

We backed off of the treatment some (not every day) and it seemed to help. I'm still going once every two weeks. My life is pretty much back to normal and I'm grateful.

Thanks again to all you friends who helped educate me. I'm unofficially closing the winter blast/I'm-old-fat-and-hurt chapter in this thread to get back to the truck.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I broke down and bought the truck a set of tires. I've run three sets of Michelin LTX on the truck in a row. I went a different direction this time. The Michelins are good tires, to be sure, but I never get any more than 40k-43k miles out of them and by the last 15k or so, they get really hard and want to spin with any moisture on the road.

I decided to go with Cooper Discoverer H/T's. I did this based on reviews, what a lot of y'all have said about the Cobra's and my experience with my 02 F250. When I bought that truck, I put a set of Coopers on it as I wasn't going to keep it and I wasn't going to give it a set of Michelins. I was really happy with those tires for the short time I ran them before selling the truck.

I'm in savings mode for the move and this was another reason why I wasn't buying Michelins. I bought the Coopers on eBay, delivered to my door for $608. They were produced in late April.

This was three or four weeks ago. In the meantime, I bought a new wheel to replace one on the truck that the finish was failing on and I had lightly curbed. I also bought four new AC Delco TPMS sensors.

I took vacation on Friday and took the truck to Discount to have them install the wheel, sensors and tires. It was a pretty good experience. Keep in mind though that when I brought it home, I adjusted the tire pressure, broke all the lugs loose and re-torqued them, installed the locks and programmed the sensors. I only spent $60 on the installation so $668 installed.

So far I like the look of them. They look a bit sportier than the Michelins. Even if I only get 30k miles out of them that would be ok if they don't get hard like the Michelins.

I cleaned up the truck today after like two weeks of rain....

20210529_143133_copy_1612x907.jpg

20210529_143116_copy_1612x907.jpg

20210529_143046_copy_1612x907.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Boy that sure is a nice looking truck! I'm surprised with everything you've done to it, you haven't either painted the mirrors or replaced them with the "better" painted versions.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Boy that sure is a nice looking truck! I'm surprised with everything you've done to it, you haven't either painted the mirrors or replaced them with the "better" painted versions.
I had some mirrors to paint but destroyed one before I could get it painted and that went out the window. The truck had black door handles originally.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Michelins fall apart in the sun. Unless you have a sick commute every day ( tread wears really well), I don’t recommend the longevity vs. the cost.

• Agree

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Michelins fall apart in the sun. Unless you have a sick commute every day ( tread wears really well), I don’t recommend the longevity vs. the cost.

The sun is especially powerful here at 6500' altitude, so that makes sense. If I was loaded I could keep it inside, but housing is charging toward CA prices here. I'll make a mint when I leave.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I broke down and bought the truck a set of tires. I've run three sets of Michelin LTX on the truck in a row. I went a different direction this time. The Michelins are good tires, to be sure, but I never get any more than 40k-43k miles out of them and by the last 15k or so, they get really hard and want to spin with any moisture on the road.

I decided to go with Cooper Discoverer H/T's. I did this based on reviews, what a lot of y'all have said about the Cobra's and my experience with my 02 F250. When I bought that truck, I put a set of Coopers on it as I wasn't going to keep it and I wasn't going to give it a set of Michelins. I was really happy with those tires for the short time I ran them before selling the truck.

I'm in savings mode for the move and this was another reason why I wasn't buying Michelins. I bought the Coopers on eBay, delivered to my door for $608. They were produced in late April.

This was three or four weeks ago. In the meantime, I bought a new wheel to replace one on the truck that the finish was failing on and I had lightly curbed. I also bought four new AC Delco TPMS sensors.

I took vacation on Friday and took the truck to Discount to have them install the wheel, sensors and tires. It was a pretty good experience. Keep in mind though that when I brought it home, I adjusted the tire pressure, broke all the lugs loose and re-torqued them, installed the locks and programmed the sensors. I only spent $60 on the installation so $668 installed.

So far I like the look of them. They look a bit sportier than the Michelins. Even if I only get 30k miles out of them that would be ok if they don't get hard like the Michelins.

I cleaned up the truck today after like two weeks of rain....

View attachment 176543

View attachment 176544

View attachment 176545
Let us know how these wear over the long term.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My dad and brother run LTX on their 06 and 02 Sierras (respectively). Dad is retired and my brother has been working from home for the past 14 months. This is his second long stint of working from home in the past 10 years. Both Sean and Dad have trouble with the Michelins getting hard and cracking long before the tread is worn out. I'm still stacking 15k miles a year on my truck so I don't have that problem. I wear them out but at 40k-43k miles instead of 70k miles like they are rated for and the last 15k or so are not confidence inspiring. By then they're hard and spinning and slipping.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor