BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Donovan, they look phenomenal my friend. The work required to get the smc to comply is a chore in itself. I have to agree the spray chrome makes the old grill look like rattle can chrome.

I've said it before, modifications that aren't noticed right away or ever, are some of the best.

Great work and I hope you make some more progress on the other tasks, like your hood. Wait till we can get a front end shot with the hood and the new header.:drool::drool:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Donovan, hlthey look phenomenal my friend. The work required to get the smc to comply is a chore in itself. I have to agree the spray chrome make the old grill look like rattle can chrome.

I've said it before, modifications that aren't noticed right away or ever, are some of the best.

Great work and I hope you make some more progress on the other tasks, like your hood. With till we can get a front end sh*t with the hood and the new header.:drool::drool:
A front end sh*t!!!! Geez Jim that sounds like a bad time lol :D. Damn autocorrect lol!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just a couple more quick pics, now that it's daylight and I can open the big door.

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

And a gratuitous engine shot, just because it's been a LONG time since I've posted one...
Lol

IMG_2198.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is going to be one awesome, bad to the bone ride, D. :notworthy:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
That looks awesome !!!
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks bad *ss my friend!

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the replies everyone!
:)
I know that I've kinda been bouncing around here and there on different projects and it definitely feels great to have completed this one start to finish.

As I've said, I'm very happy with the results and love the way it looks. To me anyways, it looks slightly updated and a bit more modern (ala the '87-'88 Cutlasses like InjectedCutty's), yet it still retains its identity and doesn't look too far "out there".

The next step now will be to build on this success and use the motivation it's provided to keep me going on the hood. There might still be the occasional lil "side project" in there from time to time (I may be hinting at something upcoming to do with the air ride here ;)), but for the most part, I want to stay focused on getting the top and bottom side of the hood in finished bodywork and high build primer.

Thanks everyone for all the great comments and support. This forum, and you guys in particular, are the best.

Donovan

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Love the headlights. Really modernizes the car buts keeps the identity of the 1980 cutlass

My thoughts exactly!
Thank you, much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor