BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
And then a TON of modifications to the headlight bezels to make them look like they belonged.

Iphone pictures 246a.jpg

Iphone pictures 241.jpg

Iphone pictures 236a.jpg

Iphone pictures 233.jpg

Iphone pictures 218.jpg

Iphone pictures 214.jpg

Iphone pictures 203.jpg

Iphone pictures 195.jpg

Iphone pictures 188.jpg

Iphone pictures 184.jpg

Continued... >>>

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Modifications completed on the bezels, time for more primer...

Iphone pictures 177.jpg

Iphone pictures 175.jpg

...then onto blacking out behind the grilles and headlights.

Iphone pictures 168A.jpg

Iphone pictures 164A.jpg

Iphone pictures 162A.jpg

Reinstalled:

Iphone pictures 160A.jpg

The grilles and bezels went off for spray chrome, and when they came back:

Iphone pictures 0177.jpg

Iphone pictures 0176.jpg

Iphone pictures 0175.jpg

Iphone pictures 0174.jpg

Continued... >>>

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
With the areas not desired to be chrome scuffed and prepped, they were painstakingly masked off...

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2161.JPG

...then hung and shot with a few coats of satin black.

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

Unmasking to reveal the gems waiting underneath...

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

Continued... >>>

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Which finally brings us to the conclusion of this long (but fun) adventure.

This is the final product, the payoff of all the hard work, and the conclusion to this particular modification.

Let me know what you think, hopefully it isn't disappointing and you don't find the end result somewhat "anti-climatic" especially once you consider what went into it.
So here they are, pics of the finished product.

Just for fun, I installed the passenger's side bezel and grille first, and installed the original 30+ year old original grille on the driver's side for comparison:

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

It doesn't really show well in the pictures, but the original grilles pale in comparison to the new pieces. The spray chrome actually looks better than the originals! They're brighter, cleaner, and pop way more than the originals.
Here's ALL the new pieces installed:

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

Thanks everyone for checking in on the build and following along. As always, your thoughts, opinions and comments are always welcome and appreciated!

Donovan

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Turned out awesome D, as i knew they would! Soooo much time, patience, and energy put into them! You must feel elated knowing that they are finally done buddy.

Another mod that most average joes won't notice, but something that puts the Naut into the upper level of detail work we've all come to expect from you.

Well done sir, well f**king done!:banana:

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Turned out awesome D, as i knew they would! Soooo much time, patience, and energy put into them! You must feel elated knowing that they are finally done buddy.

Another mod that most average joes won't notice, but something that puts the Naut into the upper level of detail work we've all come to expect from you.

Well done sir, well f**king done!:banana:

Thanks my friend! It means a lot, truly.
:)
No, the average Joe may not notice, but in a way, that's kinda the point. If I can pull off a major modification like this and have it mistaken for something the factory may have done, THAT'S When I know I've done it well.
The fact that it's totally custom, a "one of one", and actually serves to improve the horrible original lighting and provide increased safety, well, that's just icing on the proverbial cake.
;)
Yep, it's definitely a feeling of elation and relief, and I'm proud of it. I think it turned out great, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters, right? Right.

D.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Correct, as long as your happy with the results that's all that matters! I've truly enjoyed following your build as many of us have since you go into great narrative detail.

Also, i love the design aspect of making a mod look factory, or that it shoulda come that way. You definitely nailed it on the grilles/bezels...using the sick and twisted designer's part of my brain i pictured the naut with the two tone and WOW the front end will really pop with the 2 color choices!

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
...using the sick and twisted designer's part of my brain i pictured the naut with the two tone and WOW the front end will really pop with the 2 color choices!

Hopefully... That's the master plan anyways!
:mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I fuggin love pictures!!
Turned out awesome dude, and the way you laid that last series out for us was a great way to see it start to finish.
Thumbs up buddy!!!

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Amazing work as always Donovan. Well done. Congratulations on passing this milestone in the project. Looks killer.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor