BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Why don't they mix? I have 2" drop spindles with my all iron big block with no issues....

It's dependent on your wheel and tire size and particular headers you're using.
In my case the drivers side header is the lowest point on the car, and was the first to come into contact with the road. Every car and combination is slightly different so you may be one of the lucky ones with no issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
It's dependent on your wheel and tire size and particular headers you're using.
In my case the drivers side header is the lowest point on the car, and was the first to come into contact with the road. Every car and combination is slightly different so you may be one of the lucky ones with no issues.

That was my case also, along with some bump steer issues, I had stock springs at first, then moog. Everyone's mileage may vary.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Haven't checked in for a while Donovan...love the headlight mod, very cool looking.... car's progressing nicely! You do some very fine work!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Haven't checked in for a while Donovan...love the headlight mod, very cool looking.... car's progressing nicely! You do some very fine work!
Thank you Kevin!
I'm glad you like it, I'm very happy with the way it turned out as well. Once I get the grilles and headlight bezels refinished, I'll post some pics of the front end all together so everyone can see the finished product.

It's good to see you back on here. Hopefully you're out of the woods with your health scare and are feeling better!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, it happened a couple of days later than I had originally planned, but baby's got a couple of new coats on her just in time for winter!

I don't know if it comes across in the pictures, but it looks amazing in person! I'm going to leave the spray on guidecoat off this time around. It looks so much cleaner this way...
I'll just use the dry guidecoat when it comes time to block it out next time instead.

Tomorrow I'll unmask it and install the header panel and post more pics of it then when it's all together and looking more like a car!
:banana:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

cblazer1500

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
Altoona, PA.
I'll be calling on your expertise in the next few weeks on your engine/exhaust set up... Got me a 455 coming soon which I'm totally stoked for..... Great work as always!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'll be calling on your expertise in the next few weeks on your engine/exhaust set up... Got me a 455 coming soon which I'm totally stoked for..... Great work as always!

Call away sir!
I'll be happy to help in any way I can. The 455 is a great engine, especially if you like the feeling of big torque off the line. They need some attention in a few key areas of you plan on improving the power and performance levels in them, but they're well worth it IMO.

Congrats on picking one up, looking forward to seeing it and your plans for it!

cblazer1500

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
Altoona, PA.
It has the edelbrock heads and all the machine work done including balancing the rotating assembly. Speed pro 40 over pistons. Basically it's a fresh motor build. I'll be putting in roller cam, lifters and rockers.... Questions I have are what mechanical fuel pumps will fit using those heads and what length push rods to use.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It has the edelbrock heads and all the machine work done including balancing the rotating assembly. Speed pro 40 over pistons. Basically it's a fresh motor build. I'll be putting in roller cam, lifters and rockers.... Questions I have are what mechanical fuel pumps will fit using those heads and what length push rods to use.
I'll respond to you in PM shortly...

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well guys, here we go.

Here's the culmination of all my hard work and effort lately. It's finally all fit and bolted back together, and in one colour, even if it is only primer for now.

The header panel and headlight mod is now officially done. The grilles and headlight bezels are all that's left, then it's on to the filler panel and finishing up the front bumper before getting back onto the hood.
:banana:
As promised, some pics of the finished product (minus the headlight bezels):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So what's everybody think???
o_O

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor