Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just buy and replace the lock cylinder. The ignition key does not match the doors and trunk anyway. It might actually be cheaper to replace it than have it re-keyed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

TheLemange

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2017
MEDFORD OREGON
Just buy and replace the lock cylinder. The ignition key does not match the doors and trunk anyway. It might actually be cheaper to replace it than have it re-keyed.
That was the original plan. they are only 12 bucks. but I already had this cool little switch panel with three switches a master switch and a push button. I def wasn't going to pay to have it rekeyed. ive been watching videos on how to re tumble door locks and ignitions.

oh yeah and p.s your avatar makes me happy every time I see it. I love wagons.

Reactions: 1 user

Mike T

Greasemonkey
Mar 25, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
I re-keyed the ignition in my 79 Malibu in about 50 minutes. It would have been faster but I had never done one before.
Key Good - Screwdriver Bad

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

TheLemange

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2017
MEDFORD OREGON
I re-keyed the ignition in my 79 Malibu in about 50 minutes. It would have been faster but I had never done one before.
Key Good - Screwdriver Bad
the switch panel I have has four switches so I was going to hook them up with a pattern. luckily I really only drive to work and home. my home is back in a flag lot and is safe, and I park in a gated parking lot at work.
the videos I watched, it didn't look all that hard just time consuming and kinda tedious.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That was the original plan. they are only 12 bucks. but I already had this cool little switch panel with three switches a master switch and a push button. I def wasn't going to pay to have it rekeyed. ive been watching videos on how to re tumble door locks and ignitions.

oh yeah and p.s your avatar makes me happy every time I see it. I love wagons.
Thank you sir,
I'm glad to hear that my Avatar brightens your day. You'll have to show us what your switch panel looks like when you get it installed.

TheLemange

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2017
MEDFORD OREGON
So between the last two weekends the lemange now runs. My neighbor and I got it started yesterday. It started right up and idled really nice. no misses, blurbs, ticking, or knocking. It does seem to be running really rich, and has a really bad hesitation off idle. I'm going to get a new carb for it. I am unsure on what size to get, its a 305 with intake headers and maybe a cam. the guy says he couldn't remember if he put one in it or not.
I think the carb that's on it now is a holly four barrel that's over 600cfm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor