1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lemange

Discussion in 'Pontiac Grand Prix/Grand Am/LeMans/Bonneville' started by TheLemange, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Comic Book Super Hero

Did he leave the stick parts in the car? It would be fairly easy to go back to a stick if some of the parts are still there not to mention bad a$$

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steveshow

Steveshow Not-quite-so-new-guy

I would hang on to any manual trans specific parts that you might have. I have an 82 Malibu wagon that currently has a 3.8 chevy v6 and a th200. I am collecting parts to eventually swap a vortec 350 and s10 t5 into it. I already have a 79 Malibu 2 dr. with a 468 bbc and 200r4, so I am looking to do something a little different. I already have the pedal set up, g body bell housing, clutch fork and related harder to find parts. I am holding off on the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and dual exhaust cross member since they are relatively easy to acquire. I am already into the three pedal swap for more than I paid for the car ($500).

3. deanlemans81

deanlemans81 G-Body Guru

Nice find. Good to see another Lemans on here. You should relly post a new pic with the slot mags installed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheLemange

TheLemange Not-quite-so-new-guy

Alright, I've been doing a little work here and there. got some parts, seeing a big summit box on my porch was pretty awesome. especially when inside was a new carb and shifter! I got a new ignition, it was super easy to install. after watching a video I realized that already having the steering wheel off, I was three quarters of the way there already. lol also pulled the cylinder out of the trunk and had keys made for it and the doors, yay!
    I don't have turn signals or flashers though. I don't have the steering lock on it or the horn pieces, would that cause no signals?
    Also just for reference if anyone with a lemans needs and or wants to update their bench seat to something newer and shallower. a 90s Nissan truck bench seat bolts right to the stock sliders and then right on to the stock floor mounts.
    I also still have some cleaning to do on the wheels, but they shouldn't be too hard. I lightly scrubbed one of the fronts with a sponge and soapy water. it looks better just from that.
    I'm trying to upload photos but it is saying they are too large. I'm at work and I don't have access to much, so ill see what I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheLemange

TheLemange Not-quite-so-new-guy

thanks man, I am really loving this car. I cant wait to drive it. I'm working on getting some new photos going.

• Like Like x 2