The Made in USA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
joesregalproject said:
Oldsmoletick said:
I remember that from the last time I went to Rausch Creek, I went to the local pharmacy, no beer, gas station, no beer :wtf: , I then realized "where" I was.

Haha, yeah it sucks here. On top of that, All the liquor stores are government owned, so they have a monopoly on booze here. Although beer distributors can be privately owned, so that ain't bad.

I too buy USA made beer. I stay away from any of the Bud brand as they are no longer USA owned. I also buy mine in NJ but i live in PA. I work in NJ and its easier to buy the wifes wine and my beer at once.

Attachments

• IMAG0439.jpg
    IMAG0439.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 391
oooo, I didn't know Yuengling makes a bock beer, not a fan of their traditional, but I like the dark they put out 8) . Is that available year round?

hurst1979olds said:
I too buy USA made beer. I stay away from any of the Bud brand as they are no longer USA owned. I also buy mine in NJ but i live in PA. I work in NJ and its easier to buy the wifes wine and my beer at once.

My family doesnt drink bud either, but its more of a taste preference. The closest grocery store- state to me is Ohio, and even still about 75 miles away, and I don't feel like going 75 miles for some beer from the grocery store. My family drinks more hard liquor than we do beer, anyways.

gmachinzz said:
Edelbrock! They are US made!

Unfortunately not all edelbrock products are made in the usa. some of their stuff is farmed out.

They are doing something right in PA! I go all the way from NYC to Wilkes-Barre for this stuff!
beer-stegmaier-porter.png

Evan's 85 said:
pontiacgp said:
Bowling green, KY, correct?

correct... "The end of the assembly line at the Bowling Green Assembly plant is where all new 'Vettes come off the conveyor to touch the ground for the first time. It takes 36 hours for them to wind through seven miles of conveyor systems, laid out in a building that covers the size of almost 22 football fields. This doesn't include the years of design, planning, testing, and camouflaging the car to avoid spy photographers, anxious to get a glimpse prior to production.

Approximately 18 cars are "born" per hour, with a total of 160 per day, and almost 37,000 in a year, including coupes, convertibles, and the fastest car ever made by Chevrolet and General Motors - the Corvette Z06.

Monday through Friday, tour guides take 50,000 visitors, annually, through the plant to shed light on how Corvettes are conceived."

I was buying sheetrock today and it is made by US Gypsum, right here. I'm sure you've heard of the Chinese drywall scandal. But I needed some spatulas for taping and mudding and I was pissed at the thought of buying $30 worth of Chinese tools for this one job. Lo and behold I spot a 3-pack of plastic taping knives (6"-8"-10") by Wal-Board tools, for only $3.89 and made in USA! I am impressed and happy.

pontiacgp said:
88cscb said:
Your last comment was the most important. Honda Toyota etc provide thousands of jobs in this country that provide Americans good paying Jobs that are desperately needed. They manage to do this without asking the government for interest free loans and handouts for blatant mismanagement.

there is a Toyota plant in my area and I have friends working there. When Japan was hit with the earthquake and tsunami the plant was almost shut down till Japan could make the parts for the cars. The bastards never got any local production companies to make any parts. There are no one from this country who run the plants and they treat the people on the floor like dogs. The only reason the people work there is for the pay. As for no government money they are given the land to build their plants and are given many other benefits to open up here.

Not entirely true Steve. As you know, I also work there. The reason we were almost shut down was because of a few critical "tier 3" supplier parts (subcomponents to more main parts), and also some sort of paint additive they use in certain colours (if I remember correctly, Ford and Dodge stopped making black and red vehicles during this period for the same reason). They did get some North American suppliers to make some of the parts but it took some time as they needed to make the arrangements. There is a large percentage of our parts that are made in North America, more than I think most people realize. I can't complain about Toyota, it's been very good to me. Allows me to do most things I want to do, put food on the table, and affords me to work on my LeMans lol. Plus the spin off effect for the local economy is immense. That being said, my DD is a Ford Fusion lol (although I have had a Camry and a Corolla). And, our President is a white guy from Kentucky, Chairman is French-Canadian. Ok, let the flaming begin...

If you read this the suppliers outside of Japan are not even mentioned...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/ ... CA20120302

Japanese automakers have been working to disaster-proof their sprawling supply chains ever since last year's March 11 earthquake and tsunami devastated the country's northeastern coast, forcing many to halt or reduce car production for more than six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor