Thinking about a 78 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Thinking about another G, this time a 78 Monte. I have always wanted a car from my b-day year, and a t-top. I think this one is a bullseye. Doesn't look like a rust bucket, only a little around the windows. Want to see around the t-tops. Thinking about going to look at it on Sat if the seller hits me back. What do yall think?

Attachments

• 78MonteExterior.jpg
    78MonteExterior.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 624
  • 78MonteExterior2.jpg
    78MonteExterior2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 638
  • 78MonteInterior.jpg
    78MonteInterior.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 649

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Sweet! 8) I like the T-tops. I just picked one of these up about 9 months ago myself. These cars look pretty ugly in factory trim IMO. But for some reason they look really nice when lowered a bit with the proper wheels and tires and the chrome strips in the bumpers fixed. I think thats what makes most of them look so bad. The bumper chrome is always trashed and/or missing and it really takes away from the look of the car.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Yeah. If I can get in touch with the guy and we make a deal, I haven't decided whether I am going to take the motor out of my cutty and sell it or build up the 78.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I like the 78-80 Montes, you just don't see that many. They really looked good with the factory vinyl bucket seats & console. T-tops are a plus for sure.

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Very nice platform,I would make the deal I have an 80 MC that i wish was a TTop car...I say do it this is a hard vehicle to find you will not regret it

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
If you want it. Buy it. Not everyone likes the 3rd gens but those that like them end up loving them once they have one.

Ive always wanted a 79 after i bought an 80 many many moons ago. I finally got it. And would do it all over again.

Some part are hard to find but some interchange and some you can find.

The hardest things to find are the corner lights and headlight bezels.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Yeah. I really like the lines of the car. He first posted this car on CL a long time ago, asking just for trades. I guess he got no responses, so the then asked for around $4000 or so. Then price went to $2500 or so. I sent him an offer, but I guess it was too low. Now it has come down to a few hundred more than I was offering. I thought he would've contacted me, but maybe he lost my number, cause I lost his. Been watching for a long time. Now I wanna get this one. Only problem is he didn't leave a number to contact, so I have to wait on him to check his email. I definitely want to get it this weekend though.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Maybe offer him $100 more. Tell him youll bring cash. Cash talks. Lol

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
GhettoRacingKid said:
Maybe offer him $100 more. Tell him youll bring cash. Cash talks. Lol
He's pretty close to what I was originally offering, so I think he will take the original offer now. We'll see. I finally got an email from him with is # and I left him a message a little bit ago. Waiting to here back now. He lives about 1.5 hrs away, so I'll def bring cash and my tow-dolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor