thinking about deleting rear windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2009
kansas city
I was thinking about removing the rear windows and put sheet metal in its place and just make it like those windows were never there. Then I was taking the driver side glass out and the tip of my scraper broke and smashed the glass so now I am really thinking about doing this. Has anybody heard of this being done or seen any pics. I would like to get some input from the gurus here. If you have pics of this that would be awesome.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Are you talking about the little quarter windows?

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Yes it has been done. I remember there being a thread up here a year or so ago talking about it. I think it was done to a cutlass or monte carlo. It really did not look as appealing as you may think and created a large blind spot for the driver. For some reason I though it would look good, but when I saw the pics myself it just turned me off.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I don't understand what the purpose of removing the window and covering the section with sheet metal would serve :? I definitely don't think it would look good, and if you were trying to cut some weight that really wouldn't do anything either. I vote bad idea, sorry.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've seen it and personally think it looks absolutely terrible. It's pretty well a permanent modification, so if you ever plan to sell, don't do it as most people will not like this modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor