Trans. Crossmember Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
It'll have to have a shim that way. The crossmember sits between the 2 rubber pieces. I'm pretty sure I read that the holes are bigger in the frame with my setup. I'll have to have a pretty good sized washer.

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I just used 3/8" bolts

The holes in my frame are a lot bigger than 3/8. The metal sleeves slide into the holes on the frame and the bolts thread into the sleeves. The heads on the bolts are 15mm. I'm not sure what size bolt that would be.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The holes in my frame are a lot bigger than 3/8. The metal sleeves slide into the holes on the frame and the bolts thread into the sleeves. The heads on the bolts are 15mm. I'm not sure what size bolt that would be.
for a 15 mm bolt head which has a 10 mm thread so a 7/16 thread is close to it which would have a 5/8 hex head.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Maybe only the high trim level cars were built that way? I would put it back together as designed, but that's just my opinion. There is a used one on ebay. Not a good deal in my view. You are welcome to my old ones. I will need to dig them out and see how they look.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=111562237000

$34 o_O........why not get two pieces of rubber and an aluminum plate to cover the top piece, two holes in the aluminum plate and rubber isolators and use bolts and nuts

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I don't think my car ever had those isolator pads. Perhaps if it did, they were lost during a transmission swap, or rebuild.

Opie Knievel

Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I'll have to check it out tonight after work and see what looks like the best way to do this. The thing I love about the bushings is that there is no nut to hold. You just put the sleeve in and tighten the bolts. It's really easy.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll have to check it out tonight after work and see what looks like the best way to do this. The thing I love about the bushings is that there is no nut to hold. You just put the sleeve in and tighten the bolts. It's really easy.

I have a cordless impact and it just takes a box wrench up on top and the impact to remove and install the bolts in seconds

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor