"Turn Key" Is Not An Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
:lol: yup, the miss couldn't find my spares either, so the eagle will serve as tow rig again tonight, lol, I'll have to grab a pic of that, and post it on a jeep site :rofl: .

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Trivia!!!
What's wrong in this pic?

distributorfail.jpg

I had changed the ignition module the night before (and hooked it up, btw), along with the coil, call it kind of a fail safe, she still didn't run. Following day I removed the cap/rotor and found this mess. As soon as I saw it, I had realized what had happened (daylight, verses working at night made the difference there). I'll leave it at that for now, anyone see the problem?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
ve3oky said:
Oldsmoletick said:
Trivia!!!

Serious lack of half naked chicks! 8)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , Half naked chicks tend to not hang out in the cold, sorry, hahahaha.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
online170 said:
ve3oky said:
Oldsmoletick said:
Trivia!!!

Serious lack of half naked chicks! 8)

x2.

Green wire unplugged?

Close, the unplugged green wire was an effect of the failure.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Besides the green wire, isn't that tab with the hole in it supposed to be hooked to the vacuum advance can?

...and no half naked chicks.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Ding Ding!! Yup that's it. From what I can tell, as I haven't dismanteled the distributor to verify, the bushing went to hell, almost siezing to the vac advance cam, ripping the tab off the vac advance can, and throwing it out of time, hence the no start. Lucky me I'm a hoarder :oops: , and I had a spare distributor laying around. I swapped the gear off the one pictured to my spare, dropped it in, and the jeep is off and running again 8) . First time I have ever seen that, I really should take the other one apart to see exctly what caused the failure though, hopefully it's what I suspect, and not an issue with my actual set up binding.

Man, tough crowd, I didn't realize I was on Pirate4x4, lol, next time I'll find some half naked chicks to pose with my broken parts :drool: :rofl: .

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
In the past week or so, I went through and rebuilt the MC2100 for the red car, definite improvement on how the car runs, not perfect, but it is just a tractor carb so I can't expect the world from it. Continuing battle against electric choke issues with the 2100, tried many different ideas to make this sucker work, even adapted a q-jet thermostat to it, lol.

110820124551.jpg

110820124571.jpg

110820124591.jpg

proof :rofl:

Last night was the final straw, was fawkin sick of this electric choke busting my balls, bring on the manual choke! Not quite as simple as just throwing it on and hooking up a cable. The electric/stove choke works with a longer throttle shaft than the manuals do. So a quick change of that, some resizing of linkage parts, and the choke is on. Sorry no pics of that, pretty basic boring crap, just adapting 2150 parts to work on the 2100, Another thing I had to do, the carb I robbed the throttle shaft from was a Ford variant, so it had a different lever than the amc variants did. A new adapter was needed to hook up my throttle rod.

linkage01.jpg

linkage02.jpg

Scrap steel I had laying around, couple holes, few whacks with the hammer, little vise work, a bit of cut off wheel carving, some paint, and we have a functional unit.

linkage03.jpg

Much nicer than the cobbled mess "L" extension that was on the other lever :puke: . So dumb looking, all my engine pics neglect to show it :lol: , (it was there, so I used it :oops: ).

I'll revisit the electric choke on a later date, find out why it binds up, and see if I can solve the problems. I just don't have the time to dick with it every night to fine tune. I needed a fast solid solution to getting the car running in the am, without jumping through hoops, lol. This will do for now, I'm still debating saying the hell with this primitive ford tractor sh*t all together, and swapping in a real carburetor :mrgreen: .

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Project, get off my *ss, and remain young forever, hahaha. Little different aspect here, reclaiming some of my teenage days of carefree fun at minimal $ cost, but taking a little toll on the body. Back 15 years ago I lived on a bicycle, everything was centered around the days ride. That time has come and gone, I no longer have the time nor body to do it (broken back and pelvis kinda killed the hobby) Once in a while the old urge returns, "I gotta ride my bike" :lol: . My friend that I rode with since we were pre teens called me up a couple weeks ago to inform me of a recently opened bike park in our area. How could I refuse? I had to go check it out, since the itch to get "high" is always there. It's an addiction from way back when, my fear of heights is put on hold, as long as that two wheeled piece of steel is present to give me that extra sense of security.

me
003.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

my friend
007.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

All went well in the foam pit, we could crash without pain, kind of gave that invincible feeling of days past :lol: , back out in the park where crashing was a little more punishing, the mind set became F**** it, better to have eaten sh*t, than let the ole noggin tell you us we're too old for this sh*t.

012.jpg

Bowl riding, dizzy, lol

bowl.jpg

bowl2.jpg

005.jpg

Friend on the goofy wall.

My highlight of the evening
one.jpg

Yeah kinda lame. but I have been off the bike for a number of years now due to the injury (7 years), so far so good, no pain I can't deal with, so, this may become a weekly exercise routine for me :mrgreen: . I had the most fun sober, than I've had in years. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor