"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Nice work, and I love the response when you tap the throttle.
Thanks bro. I played with the timing a little bit and did a quick tune on the carb. I'll get some more videos up tomorrow hopefully. This cam loves a lot of advance and has always seem to run better with hei and vac advance. I had a 7al2 and mech advance msd dist and it didnt have as good of a response but 5500- 7000 rpm it was smoother. Im gonna talk to my parts guy and start making some payments on some performer rpm alum heads hes got. I want to do roller rockers this time around also. These 76cc chamber heads are holding me back since the builder snaked my buddy i got the motor from and only polished the exhaust side and slapped the old intake on. Im still around 10:1 (I think) because my buddy was the one who installed the rotating assembly and can vouch for the parts. Even with smaller combustion chambers bumping it up, I wont mind if I have to run 110 only since I plan on keeping it naturally aspirated. If I can break into the 12's I'll be happy.

Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
The 8.5 I got from ELKMEANO Tony on here is in great shape but open diff isnt doing any good. I know I'm gonna grenade the th350 once the motor is performing to full potential, and I'm also going to step up to 4.11s if whoever ends up building my rear says we should swap the stock 3.73s.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I've got a good trustworthy transmission guy, and an expensive rear end guy, but both have done great work for me in the past. Those are 2 things I won't touch other than fluid changes basically. I'll tear a sbc down and go through it bolt for bolt but I'll leave the rest of the drivetrain to people who specialize in that for a living.

Thanks for the motivation and positivity guys.

Reactions: 3 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Thanks bro. I played with the timing a little bit and did a quick tune on the carb. I'll get some more videos up tomorrow hopefully. This cam loves a lot of advance and has always seem to run better with hei and vac advance. I had a 7al2 and mech advance msd dist and it didnt have as good of a response but 5500- 7000 rpm it was smoother. Im gonna talk to my parts guy and start making some payments on some performer rpm alum heads hes got. I want to do roller rockers this time around also. These 76cc chamber heads are holding me back since the builder snaked my buddy i got the motor from and only polished the exhaust side and slapped the old intake on. Im still around 10:1 (I think) because my buddy was the one who installed the rotating assembly and can vouch for the parts. Even with smaller combustion chambers bumping it up, I wont mind if I have to run 110 only since I plan on keeping it naturally aspirated. If I can break into the 12's I'll be happy.
You really know your stuff. Sounds great, I may need advice when I get around to tuning mine.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Man I've been all over the net buying parts. I found a Regal Grand National 200-4r transmission I'm about to have built. I bought a t top Salon. And looking at a brougham with four in the floor also. I'm thinking about investing in some of these cars, and sell them to enthusiasts. I'm only looking for ones with minor work, I can buy at a reasonable price to make a profit, and provide a quality service. I have so many Olds parts, so instead of letting them sit, I'm going to give them a purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor