"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
What is it qjet? Ccc?
This is what I know about it. It's a four barrel, and it came on a 403 when I pulled it. I want the same type of throttle response. It runs good, and I just want to keep the qjet.I can take pics of it for you, if that would help to determine it.

Last edited:

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
This is what I know about it. It's a four barrel, and it came on a 403 when I pulled it. I want the same type of throttle response. It runs good, and I just want to keep the qjet.I can take pics of it for you, if that would help to determine it.
Sure. Put em up or send em.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Have you raced your cutty yet? I do like what you've done to it. I plan to have the salon ready in a month.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Have you raced your cutty yet? I do like what you've done to it. I plan to have the salon ready in a month.
No, only taken my mentally disabled neighbor for a romp around the neighborhood before his stepdad shipped him away after his mom died. Poor guy spent 36 years of his life in our hood being the ever- cautious superintentend of the neighborhood and he got sent away when his mom died. He'd come over ever time I was working on the car and I promised him a ride when I got it ready. I had to take him out even thoughn wasn't ready. sh*t we cranked the music up and I had just installed the kickdown so we did some burnouts and donuts and reckless stuff. He couldn't stop smiling and he actually came back to visit 2 months ago and was still talking about the "hot rod". We're a little upset about him not being around but I'm glad I got to give him a memorable experience. Not sure what his condition is but only one side of his body works well and he's a 36 year old with the mind of a 10 year old. Sucks.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
No, only taken my mentally disabled neighbor for a romp around the neighborhood before his stepdad shipped him away after his mom died. Poor guy spent 36 years of his life in our hood being the ever- cautious superintentend of the neighborhood and he got sent away when his mom died. He'd come over ever time I was working on the car and I promised him a ride when I got it ready. I had to take him out even thoughn wasn't ready. sh*t we cranked the music up and I had just installed the kickdown so we did some burnouts and donuts and reckless stuff. He couldn't stop smiling and he actually came back to visit 2 months ago and was still talking about the "hot rod". We're a little upset about him not being around but I'm glad I got to give him a memorable experience. Not sure what his condition is but only one side of his body works well and he's a 36 year old with the mind of a 10 year old. Sucks.
Wow that's good of you to keep your word. He will cherish that memory forever. I hate he was sent away though. That is sad, I pray he will be alright.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
20170610_170323.jpg 20170610_170230.jpg 20170610_170212.jpg 20170610_170151.jpg

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Looks like it's worth a dang. They're nice with their smaller primary side and the growl and power when those secondaries open up. If your gonna keep it spreadbore and want to retain originality it's definitely worth the rebuild. As long as the corrosion is minimal inside. The last few of them i went through were pretty bad, but I managed to get running better. If you were local I'd go through it for you, but I'm not a qjet expert. How is it functioning now? Can you get a rebuild kit and clean it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor