Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
It's junk.....

SEND IT!!!!

Stuff it with atf, let it sit. Pull plugs and it turn it over to get the excess out. If it turns over pop plugs in. Worst case...

1617131807596.png

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Stuff it with atf, let it sit. Pull plugs and it turn it over to get the excess out. If it turns over pop plugs in. Worst case...

View attachment 171736
Now it all makes sense...

Apollo Creed: he's the SBC. The longtime champion.

Rocky Balboa: he's the BBC. Comes on the scene later, but puts a hurting on the SBC.

Ivan Drago: he's the LS. Killed off interest in the SBC. Product of insane technology investment and modern development.

Now, how did that end again?

EMpiAv1XUAANhDl.jpg

Yup. Seems right.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I wouldn't worry about bore.
1. Change oil
2. Take out all the plugs and carb
3. use your wet vac to pull out any water not only from the cyls but also from the intake manifold as you probably have water in the closed valves
4. Spray lots of WD40 in cyls and intake ports via the intake manifold
5. rotate it by the crank pulley, if it will not turn over by starter if you can't turn it at all, cry!
6. spray more WD40 into cyls
7. Let it sit over night.
8. If engine is free to spin, (check oil for water) put in plugs and start.

Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
At this point I'm inclined to thinking something along the lines of PB Blaster would be better than WD40 or ATF to free it up? I say get it running and let it die a man's death if it's a smoker. See how much nitrous it'll tolerate at the strip before something spectacular happens.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
At this point I'm inclined to thinking something along the lines of PB Blaster would be better than WD40 or ATF to free it up? I say get it running and let it die a man's death if it's a smoker. See how much nitrous it'll tolerate at the strip before something spectacular happens.
Lol, I would but it ain't my car. I'm trying to get it to a daily status for a buddy of mine.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What ^^^ abbey castro said ^^^^. I've saved two Pontiac 400s that way. Both had water in the entire engine. One right up to the oil dipstick tube and the other to the top of the intake manifold. Don't cry- get busy. Take a small hose and suck out as much water as you can from the spark plug holes. Use compressed air if you have it to blow them out. Drain the oil and see if there is water in it. Overfill the crank case with old used oil that you saved to re-cycle. Fill each cylinder with lube of your choice. Oil, ATF, WD-40, whatever you have plenty of. Then get a breaker bar and proper size socket on the crank bolt. Try to turn it over by hand. If it doesn't turn, no problemo. Let it sit. Try every day until it pops loose. One 400 took only a week, the other took several months. Both came loose eventually. Turn it by hand until it is very easy and you don't feel any resistance. At that point you drain the oil and blow out the cylinders as best as you can. Fill with fresh oil and new spark plugs. Try and start it. It will either work or not but I'm betting it will work. It may smoke a lot until it gets re-seated but driving plenty works best. Just let us know what happens. I'll see if I can find my post about this. EDIT: here ya go- https://gbodyforum.com/threads/doing-the-unstuck.69747/

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What ^^^ abbey castro said ^^^^. I've saved two Pontiac 400s that way. Both had water in the entire engine. One right up to the oil dipstick tube and the other to the top of the intake manifold. Don't cry- get busy. Take a small hose and suck out as much water as you can from the spark plug holes. Use compressed air if you have it to blow them out. Drain the oil and see if there is water in it. Overfill with crank case with old used oil that you saved to re-cycle. Fill each cylinder with lube of your choice. Oil, ATF, WD-40, whatever you have plenty of. Then get a breaker bar and proper size socket on the crank bolt. Try to turn it over by hand. If it doesn't turn, no problemo. Let it sit. Try every day until it pops loose. One 400 took only a week, the other took several months. Both came loose eventually. Turn it by hand until it is very easy and you don't feel any resistance. At that point you drain the oil and blow out the cylinders as best as you can. Fill with fresh oil and new spark plugs. Try and start it. It will either work or not but I'm betting it will work. It may smoke a lot until it gets re-seated but driving plenty works best. Just let us know what happens. I'll see if I can find my post about this. EDIT: here ya go- https://gbodyforum.com/threads/doing-the-unstuck.69747/

I filled a 350 Vortec with a case of oil, plus oil down the cylinders when I joined the Air Force. I didn't look at that motor for 4 years. When I tore it down, everything was fine and dandy. The 302 I pressure washed before I deployed and didn't fill with oil didn't fare so well. I saved that project with a surprisingly good $50 short block that I sent. I still kick myself to this day over ruining such a pristine engine. It was an Explorer motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor