What am i doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
As stated above... Rear anti roll bar will fix it.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
And for drag racing you definitely DON'T want a F41 front sway bar and the rear bar probably isn't doing much. Lose the front bar and get an anti roll bar for the rear. Also you said the body mounts were decent. So you've removed them and checked them? If they are original, I doubt they are ok. Replace them with polyurethane mounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Loosenutzzz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2019
20201020_170559.jpg

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

Body mounted Drag bar will fix that..

Door gaps look straight and area above tires looks equal. Body definitely not twisting.

I would check to see if the front tires are towing in at full droop. If they are, tall ball joints will help.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So if I put a anti roll bar in the rear do I take the front sway bar off?
You can. To explain the difference between an anti-roll bar and sway bar (in case you didn't know), the anti-roll bar does not bend/flex like a sway bar does. And it is attached to the frame or body at point that doesn't move separately from the body or frame, unlike a sway bar that is attached a suspension component.

You shouldn't notice a difference if the front sway bar is hooked up or not. So that means it can be removed. Lastly, don't drive the car on the street at highway speeds with the ant-roll bar hooked up - it's somewhat dangerous.

Reactions: 3 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
You can. To explain the difference between an anti-roll bar and sway bar (in case you didn't know), the anti-roll bar does not bend/flex like a sway bar does. And it is attached to the frame or body at point that doesn't move separately from the body or frame, unlike a sway bar that is attached a suspension component.

You shouldn't notice a difference if the front sway bar is hooked up or not. So that means it can be removed. Lastly, don't drive the car on the street at highway speeds with the ant-roll bar hooked up - it's somewhat dangerous.
I dont know much about anti roll bars, could you explain how they are dangerous on the street just to clarify in my mind

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor