What can be removed under the hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
I want to clean up my engine bay desperately, but I'm not sure what I can remove and what I need to keep. It's a stock 1987 307. IE - useless emissions stuff, etc. Is there a sticky somewhere or a diagram that depicts what everything is?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the emission components, if operating properly, do little if anything to interfere with the performance of the engine. If you do want to remove the emission components then you'll need to start with changing the carb and the distributor.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If your intentions are to remove the computer and all it's related emissions you will first have to replace the carburetor and distributor with non computer controlled GM units or aftermarket replacements since any emissions you remove can affect the readings the computer receives which will alter how the engine runs.

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
You can remove this much. After that, you got problems.:rofl:
P1150054.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That's where I am right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor