What did you buy for your G body today? [2016-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I spent 4 months without a working gas gauge. Coupe senders do not work in wagon tanks. Actually, they will, but the gauge will never read right because the tank is totally different. That is why I mentioned in Cali's "build" thread to not be fooled with the false sense of security that Rock Auto shows the sender in stock.

If your stock one works, clean it up and stick with it. The P.O. of mine threw the original one away and stupidly installed a coupe unit. I searched what felt like the entire WORLD for a wagon version. They don't exist.

I even tried making up a hybrid using the coupe unit merged with an aftermarket universal one designed for a race type fuel cell. I couldn't get that to work either.

I finally found an original one and had to pay dearly for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Hedman Long Tube Headers, pipes, flowmaster 40 series, tailpipes, clamps, hangars, o2 sensor bung, remflex manifold gaskets, header bolts.. basically, everything I need to put the headers and duals on myself.

In negotiations for an edelbrock 3701 (Performer, EGR, Spreadbore) for it next.. Tough part is shipping. Think I might score it for under a hundred shipped.

-Gonz

Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Sender from RA hadn’t shipped yet, so I canceled that, but kept the rest. Going to inspect condition of original sender when I drop the tank. May be OK with just a good cleaning and new sock. Hoping that’s the case.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Payday was better than expected. So the car needed to get it’s share.

So a Smith bushing style, trunion upgrade kit is heading from Brian Tooley Racing to me right now.

Started to get brake parts in from last week and my Mike’s Montes goodies showed up. Should be an update later tonight. 😁

Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
If you put the Permatex on right and it didnt work the Indian Head sure as hell wont work
I put the rtv on how I've always done it, and it seems to have not worked these passed few times (although I haven't tried rtv with the new housing yet), but the Indian Head seems to be holding up, if not a bit goopy after it's first run.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Auburn Pro Series differential.energy suspension trans mount,the middle twisted out of the other one a little and i don't care to reuse something like that.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sender from RA hadn’t shipped yet, so I canceled that, but kept the rest. Going to inspect condition of original sender when I drop the tank. May be OK with just a good cleaning and new sock. Hoping that’s the case.

If not, drop me a PM - I am pretty certain my original one is in good repair (it wouldn't be on the shelf otherwise).

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got one of my two head units in today

20181203_111526.jpg
20181203_111530.jpg
20181203_111541.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor