Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
RabbitHoleSS, Would you mind taking some pics, posting installation of your brace, if you can tell any difference and if the brace was worth the time and money.
I probably mislabeled the part. Its the rear seat crossmember that holds up the backseat and makes up the #5 body mounts. I replaced it because the original looked like this and the ends were deteriorated.
20200408_025105.jpg

Now ill day the goodmark repop wasnt bent as tight but it fit good. Just had to clamp and hammer the spot weld holes flat.The only spots that were an issue was the hump.
20200407_203915.jpg

The top where all the spot welds are.
20200407_203839.jpg

The sides where it mounts to the inner rocker. Again there was a 1/8th inch gap on each side. I spot welded it first. Then used a hammer to "stretch" it out.
20200407_203856.jpg

I cant complain it fit as good or better then I expected. If your car has a rotten. Rear seat crossmember its "worth it". I wouldnt really know because my car looks like this
20200407_203948.jpg

And the driver front seat brace looks pretty much identical to original. Now if you were talking about the braces that come in between the trunk and back seat. I think ill make my own if I even put any on it. Hope this helped clear things up.

Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I probably mislabeled the part. Its the rear seat crossmember that holds up the backseat and makes up the #5 body mounts. I replaced it because the original looked like this and the ends were deteriorated. View attachment 141711
Now ill day the goodmark repop wasnt bent as tight but it fit good. Just had to clamp and hammer the spot weld holes flat.The only spots that were an issue was the hump. View attachment 141713
The top where all the spot welds are. View attachment 141714
The sides where it mounts to the inner rocker. Again there was a 1/8th inch gap on each side. I spot welded it first. Then used a hammer to "stretch" it out.
View attachment 141715
I cant complain it fit as good or better then I expected. If your car has a rotten. Rear seat crossmember its "worth it". I wouldnt really know because my car looks like this
View attachment 141716
And the driver front seat brace looks pretty much identical to original. Now if you were talking about the braces that come in between the trunk and back seat. I think ill make my own if I even put any on it. Hope this helped clear things up.

I like your spot welds.... :)

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I probably mislabeled the part. Its the rear seat crossmember that holds up the backseat and makes up the #5 body mounts. I replaced it because the original looked like this and the ends were deteriorated. View attachment 141711
Now ill day the goodmark repop wasnt bent as tight but it fit good. Just had to clamp and hammer the spot weld holes flat.The only spots that were an issue was the hump. View attachment 141713
View attachment 141715
View attachment 141716
And the driver front seat brace looks pretty much identical to original. Now if you were talking a
View attachment 141715
View attachment 141716
I'm glad that it worked out for you. This is is the brace I thought you were talking about and what I have been looking at for my MCSS.
1586361759884.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor