MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Fan spacer kit. idfk why it comes with bolts if it's a "universal" type deal. There are more than 1 type of thread for a water pump. jesus.

Nov 4, 2012
Discovered that 3 of my 4 less than year old cooper cobras have splits in them, presumably from -20 temps + potholes.
I really f*cking hate Iowa about 60% of the time.

Perfect opportunity for 13" 100 spokes and some juice :mrgreen: Could be you-
tumblr_oxsop9rIOv1tciq20o1_400.gif

Don't worry, I'll take those aluminum turbo t wheels off your hands at no charge...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Perfect opportunity for 13" 100 spokes and some juice :mrgreen: Could be you-
View attachment 109493

Don't worry, I'll take those aluminum turbo t wheels off your hands at no charge...
There was a set of reconditioned wheels on ebay a while ago for $800. Was pretty tempted, but I just bought my set for less than half of that.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Seriously? I hope you didn't throw them gangsta cassettes away because you need them!

Welcome to Belt Roulette! As a former contestant, my advice is to go 1.5" shorter than what you think you need, then get the one on either side of that. Basically, get 3 belts; you can take them back as long as you don't start it.
So I took back the 66" belt a few mins ago. Talked to ICT, they are going to mockup the same kit I have installed and determine the proper belt length. So much for engineered solutions!!!!! I'll report back with findings, trials, errors, etc. Maybe I'll move this to the LS disappointment thread lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So I took back the 66" belt a few mins ago. Talked to ICT, they are going to mockup the same kit I have installed and determine the proper belt length. So much for engineered solutions!!!!! I'll report back with findings, trials, errors, etc. Maybe I'll move this to the LS disappointment thread lol.
I had to change the routing on the Series 2 because I moved the AC compressor to clear the a-arm; I lost track of how many lengths I've tried! I just keep the card in the glovebox, so I know what I need if things go south. Now, as long as I remember it's there.........

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You need to shorten that turn buckle right down - because the belt is going to stretch.
Right!!!! I had it out trying to get the correct tension...that's when I saw the belt hitting the thermostat housing. Waiting on a call back. I'm thinking a 65" belt might be the sweet spot.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor