What did you buy for your G body today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
In an ongoing effort to make the engine bay as aesthetically pleasing as possible, I ordered some coil covers. I'll know next week if they'll look right, I'm sure hoping so.

Oooops, edit. Here is a stock photo of said covers. I have a plan if all works out...
Screenshot_20210330-071351_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Gathering parts with some of my stimmy. New B body master cylinder, prop valve, and pre-formed stainless lines for the front. Going to run new Ni-Cad hard line from prop valve to diff. Rear end should be done here any day.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Found an NOS RH 86-88 taillight lens on ebay. p/n 16505068. Was a nice to have item, not a have to. Threw some half-hearted bids out to see if they might hold. I'll be darned....

86-88 NOS RH taillight lens.jpg

Also, found a complete set (2 boxes of 4) of 8 NOS V8 rocker pivots NOT on ebay. GM p/n 22527956. $20 plus the ride. Steal of a deal. You'd pay more for these just for one side of the engine.

Picture for reference only. Too lazy to take my own. Depicted in this photo is an older box, mine came in the 1990s style darker blue GM boxes.
Olds V8 rocker pivots 22527956.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Got an AutoMeter Vacuum Gauge. Going to install it in the dash face plate lower right corner. I am thinking about using the vac hose that goes to the Cruise Control Brake Vacuum Switch at the brake pedal. I don't have an operational cruise since I took out the ECM and associated wiring. Not sure it will work there since that hose goes to the Vac Reservoir as well as the cruise servo. More to follow.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Actually, I didn't buy this, but someone did. I got some cool G-body swag in the mail yesterday.

Thank you, GP403

March 2021 GBOTM Prize.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Actually, I didn't buy this, but someone did. I got some cool G-body swag in the mail yesterday.

Thank you, GP403

View attachment 172238
Huh. That didn’t come out like it was supposed to :/. If you’re ok with it that’s cool. The image should be bigger and the shadow/darks are way too bright.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Got an AutoMeter Vacuum Gauge. Going to install it in the dash face plate lower right corner. I am thinking about using the vac hose that goes to the Cruise Control Brake Vacuum Switch at the brake pedal. I don't have an operational cruise since I took out the ECM and associated wiring. Not sure it will work there since that hose goes to the Vac Reservoir as well as the cruise servo. More to follow.
Pick a new vacuum source (drill and tap a hole in the intake if needed). A vacuum gauge is great gauge for tuning and mostly overlooked. Very few people mess with one, but it is fabulous for both cruise (mileage) and WOT tuning. I've spent hours staring at one before I went to EFI.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Huh. That didn’t come out like it was supposed to :/. If you’re ok with it that’s cool. The image should be bigger and the shadow/darks are way too bright.
Can you get that corrected before I win G-body of the month, because I'm not sure I'll be happy when I see Monte Alban with those 'shadows' ?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

p.s. - I never expect to win, I'm just along for the ride - HAPPY EASTER

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I’m good with it. Although it kinda does look like something got chucked through the windshield.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor