What did you buy for your G body today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I forgot to post these last week, but I managed to find the holy grail in a junkyard last Saturday. A pair of pristine Celebrity composite headlights:

View attachment 167605
They turned out to be a bit of a bear to get, considering the car was crushed with another stacked on top of it.
View attachment 167606
Now I just have to make brackets to fit them to the SS nose, considering Lauren Engineering isn’t around anymore

I picked up a set of those Celebrity headlights as well recently. Planning on finding a way to use them on my SS without the Lauren brackets. Any blueprints on brackets? Interested in making a second set? My PMs are open. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It goes on for 10 pages or so from start to completion, but I feel it’s worth the read. I put Celebrity headlights in my Cutlass:

Starts about halfway through post #196.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I picked up a set of those Celebrity headlights as well recently. Planning on finding a way to use them on my SS without the Lauren brackets. Any blueprints on brackets? Interested in making a second set? My PMs are open. Thanks!
I won’t be starting on these for a couple of weeks regrettably.
It goes on for 10 pages or so from start to completion, but I feel it’s worth the read. I put Celebrity headlights in my Cutlass:

Ive gone through that part of your build thread, and it’s made me regret I wasn’t prepared to go full Joe on that header panel to go that route.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I won’t be starting on these for a couple of weeks regrettably.

Ive gone through that part of your build thread, and it’s made me regret I wasn’t prepared to go full Joe on that header panel to go that route.

That was just how I did it. I’m sure there are many other ways to skin that cat.

Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Have not yet purchased, but I saw that flemming442 posted in "cheap relay fuse center" a compact, awesome looking fuse and relay box. I will probably order one tomorrow when I go down to the basement and turn on my desktop computer.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Have not yet purchased, but I saw that flemming442 posted in "cheap relay fuse center" a compact, awesome looking fuse and relay box. I will probably order one tomorrow when I go down to the basement and turn on my desktop computer.
Get the crimper, too!

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I found some elusive NOS 620977 pinion gears and bought a new carrier cross-shaft for the 85 442 with G80.

Initially I wasn't going to touch the internals of the rear because it's not being a problem child and it's only got 60K miles on it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it sort of thing. I then thought it didn't make much sense if I was going to rebuild the front suspension with everything new, and not touch the rear axle, so...

In a related area while digging through a couple of boxes trying to verify the status of the 8.5" pinion flange kit (with washer and nut), I also "found" a complete GM NOS 26006445 8.5" NON-posi case/internal gears/thrust washers/shaft/retainer screw kit I forgot I even had. Bought it many years ago on ebay for 85 bucks ($419 list from GM in 87). Doesn't come with the side bearings, but it's ready to assemble, otherwise. It's a bit strange because the thrust washers for the pinions and side gears are in one little packet that says it contains 2 of the pinion thrust p/n's and 2 of the side gear thrust p/n's. I bought it for the 84 H/O many moons ago because it has a peg leg and it's 37 years old without any maintenance other than new fluid and a new cross-shaft bolt, but now I think if I can find another posi case, I'll convert it to a posi after rebuilding the one in the 85. I got new everything else.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor