Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally pulled the trigger on the Fiero mirrors
20210203_084303.jpg
20210203_084249.jpg
20210203_084242.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Nice pick up! Love this mod.

While I'm not sure theyre entirely necessary, when I pulled the mirrors myself I also snagged the bracket thats inside the door panel. Its a piece of metal that I believe helps support the mirror mounting area of the door. I may have a picture of it, I will have to look.

edit: here’s the one picture I could find. Hard to tell but it should give you an idea on what I’m talking about. It’s just a piece of metal that ties into the stud mounting area and supports the door.
E608C8E7-73F2-4C7C-A640-2C92AEE9CAA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
We-ell, ordered a new set of rear brake drums for my 85 SS on Tuesday, and they showed up at the vendor yesterday. Yesterday, once I tore down the passenger side brakes and dug the old e-brake cable out of its socket, I decided that replacing the e-brake actuator assemblies might not be a bad idea either, so I ordered them yesterday and they showed up today. Today it is p***ing down some kind of white wet soggy crap that is not even a close analogue to s*** so that made it the perfect time to ease on over to the vendor and pick up my parts. An incoming polar vortex, (An' WTH is that when it is not being busy freezing the snot out of people?) is supposed to show up this weekend and turn all this downbound mush into a skating rink so being able to remain buried in my shop and away from it makes me happy. Getting back to the topic at hand...............................................

When I tore down the driver's side, as you might recall, I chose to go through the exercise of cleaning and painting most of the hard parts as part of a dedicated rust extermination initiative. On the other hand, putting in new replacement parts "while I'm in there" is a better way to erase any worries about elderly parts being stressed beyond their life span. I know that the "bare is beautiful brigade" is going to howl about this but the next step for the drums will be a good coat of flat/semi-gloss enamel. Bare is an invitation for the twin demons of rust and corrosion to make themselves at home. "Get thee behind me, iron oxide!" I may post pictures of the drums post paint just because.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Got my factory wheels back from the shop today. Fresh powder coat and the new center caps. The question is, beauty rings (left) or not (right)? Before and after...

74552396-02C5-451F-B5FE-99D3686AAE30.jpeg
3899B749-F83D-4540-AFC4-8A6080E79EB9.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Got my factory wheels back from the shop today. Fresh powder coat and the new center caps. The question is, beauty rings (left) or not (right)? Before and after...
Ultimately your call, but if you had filled/sanded the stamped wheel information by the fill valve, I'd vote for no ring, but since you didn't, and you're looking for the stock look, I'd say go with the rings.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my poly trans mount. A little here, a little there, and when the white stuff melts I can start to get to work .

Reactions: 4 users
With my '99 done for the moment, the 64's steering column shortening project in a hold pattern while sorting bearing info, & side work for my GF's ride completed, I switched gears this week back to the taller front inner wheel tubs for the Malibu. In these images is the 3rd fender that's been cut/modified; mounting tab locations; the difference of material removed from my 1st attempt on a (different fender/yellow material) vs 3rd attempt (current fender/black material); & general idea of all mounting tab locations (front/on flange, center/on flange, rear/on flange, rear-most/not part of the flange). I 'purchased' the smaller 'heat-only' firewall box as the taller tubs & a/c lines are likely not going to be compatible. We shall see.

Attachments

• 20210204_212732.jpg
    20210204_212732.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210204_212736 - Copy.jpg
    20210204_212736 - Copy.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210204_212740 - Copy.jpg
    20210204_212740 - Copy.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210205_114908.jpg
    20210205_114908.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210205_113616.jpg
    20210205_113616.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 117
  • heat_only_cover.jpg
    heat_only_cover.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Replaced the left rear axle seal (again) This is the 2nd one. Axle looks nice and polished no groves, seal was flush with the housing, not overfilled and clear vent. I have no idea why this is happening!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor