What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

I paid $600 for a complete ElCamino to get the non-A/C setup complete. Ended up with a 3.42 posi sold the tailgate and some interior. Plus saved the gage setup and sold the front frame for an oval race car.
The cheapest heater unit I could find was $600.
Shame you didn't see my posting about the complete set I'm on the fence about holding on to. But mine wouldn't of had all the extra goodies you got.

Reactions: 1 user
Nicely done- I imagine it worked out to where that heater was nearly free by the end of it all. Thanks for also reassuring me that I didn't pay far more than I should have for an intact unit.

Shame you didn't see my posting about the complete set I'm on the fence about holding on to. But mine wouldn't have had all the extra goodies you got.
I chased that car to two different yards to get my hands on it. Took everything I could get out of it that was good. Was glad i saved the glove box as they are different from A/C to non-A/C. Even found a Munster Coffin Dragster under the seat!🤣
image.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I had to cut my AutoFair trip short - developed some pretty bad edema which itself was just a manifestation of some.bad effects seemingly out of the chemo lately. But a disappointment nonetheless and completely unexpected.

I did pick up the following:

A FREE pair of the late 60s-70s SBC valve covers with Chevrolet script. They cost $5 for the pair, but, one had an aftermarket breather that someone bought off me for $7, so, the covers were actually free. Or technically I got paid $2 to take them? Either way, no net cost.

Also bought a vintage squarebody Napa toy truck, about 14" long with working drop gate, little hat on the roof and all. Looks like a speaker of some sort in it too, need to check that out.

Also bought a mint condition UX1 radio that came out of a one-owner car that was wrecked. For the uninitiated, thats the factory 1.5 din am/fm cassette ratio that had the 5 band equalizer built in.

There was other stuff I could see from where I was and would've bought, but just plain wasn't up for it. So, hung in the space, made a few guys days with stuff id brought with me, then tried sleeping it off, but, didn't improve much. Progress was lost within 20 minutes activity on day 2 starting to pack it up, so, throwing in the towel was the right call.

But in the end, got some.sun, had some good conversations, enjoyed the beautiful weather. Got home safe and still kicking. So, could've been better but still an outing worth making in my book!

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Went for a two hour round trip to Boston right after work this evening to pick up a nice rear bumper for my '80 Olds. Been messaging with the guy since last Monday and arranged to pick it up today. I messaged him to shore up plans and he confirmed and we headed over. Got to the address given in a residential neighborhood and messaged him that I was there and he went silent. My wife called BS after ten minutes of silence. He hasn't responded since. No money lost, but don't waste your time with this BS scammer.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Went for a two hour round trip to Boston right after work this evening to pick up a nice rear bumper for my '80 Olds. Been messaging with the guy since last Monday and arranged to pick it up today. I messaged him to shore up plans and he confirmed and we headed over. Got to the address given in a residential neighborhood and messaged him that I was there and he went silent. My wife called BS after ten minutes of silence. He hasn't responded since. No money lost, but don't waste your time with this BS scammer.

FBMP profile creation date....

December 26, 2022

The guy in northern Rhode Island is dependable from what I’ve heard. He’s on Craig’s list.

Comp cams gave the wrong pushrods suggestion for the cam which my buddy expected, of course Summit couldn't send them with the replacement oil pan I have to get since when we tested it over the weekend there was a failed weld that leaked. So ended up having to pay shipping on top of it :mad:
IMG_20230911_085232.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor