What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

Ben Stiller Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Got a set of headman Oldsmobile headers off Amazon for 52% off! $153.26!! They were returned “damaged”. Only issue I seen is a few scratches in the paint! I planned on painting them with some VHT any way !!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Fall Canfield was a bit of a mixed bag. Got there around 9, place was packed. Just got through the racetrack by noon, and I started noticing venders packing up and leaving on a 70 degree day with no rain! Wasn’t a total wash, but man I wonder what else I missed out on.

Managed to snag a few things I was looking for, with a little bonus.
Picked up a sportsman oil pan with a mid-70’s Nova bellhousing thrown in for free, only to realize the pan won’t work because the sump’s too long. So, that’s a paperweight unless anyone’s looking for a 604 crate motor oil pan.
11D37808-710C-47D6-83C7-77BC4B7C9CF1.jpeg

Managed to snag either a relatively well kept original fender or it’s an older repop that someone modified for a MCLS for dirt cheap.
2B24F023-78E8-4EA4-9ED5-22FED091EBDD.jpeg

There’s no holes behind the filler, and the front edge that thins the body line out looks custom made, but it’s glued in. I’m wondering if I can use some sort of acid to dissolve the adhesive so I can save the fender with minimal cutting.

Also managed to snag some billet 4 bolt conversion main caps for a SBC. Might use those, might sell them. Undecided on what direction I want to take the car yet.

Finally got my hands on a 3 inch Milwaukee polisher for a decent price. Now I don’t have to worry as much about buffing small stuff like my bumper covers and fender extensions.

And last but not least:
4907CAC8-0241-48D9-8CEE-59ACD6111236.jpeg

Mid 70’s Stihl 031 AV. Needs a refresh but it runs at least.

Reactions: 3 users
Managed to snag either a relatively well kept original fender or it’s an older repop that someone modified for a MCLS for dirt cheap.
Did you really get that for $25? Bravo!

Reactions: 1 user
Well, tragedy struck during the shipment of my non-A/C heater box. Due to a lack of styrofoam it was able to move a little inside the cardboard box it shipped in. This combined with the weight and odd shape means that when they threw it around like one of Donkey Kong's barrels it beat up the firewall mounting surface. It's toast. IMG_20230915_211309842.jpg IMG_20230915_211106474.jpg IMG_20230915_205443236.jpg
The seller is one I'm sure we all know, and he's known for doing a good job packaging the items he sells. These things happen I guess. He's taking this one on the chin: not only is he sending me another unit that's supposed to be in the same condition or better, I get to keep this one!

This experience coupled with some prior fiberglass knowledge leads me to this idea: It might be helpful to bolt these 40 year old relics to a piece of plywood to offer support during their travels. Perhaps a piece with some overlap that would act as a bumper.

I just might try to salvage this one....some day.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Went and picked up this lump:
08F3DD99-1C06-4883-81E0-945F2DC1248E.jpeg

CF02442A-6FE1-4D63-8AD6-35575F852AF2.jpeg

05918A24-7730-4B26-8E6A-0B03624DE4EB.jpeg

Little story about this one, around May one of the new owners of the shop I worked for asked if I wanted a LS engine, and how much I would offer him for it. Said I needed to look at it to be sure but couldn’t because of life.
Well, I forgot about it, naturally.
He asks me last week if I’m still interested in it because he wants to get his building cleaned out, and to just take it. I think he’s screwing with me, but he insists.
And here I am a week later.

Engine spins freely, but there’s a flexplate bolt broken off in the crank. Thankfully it’s protruding, so I can try the welding a nut on it trick.
This thing’s going to sit for a while, most likely years. Not justifying letting this car sit for another 3 years while I get all the components to LS swap it.
Plans for a build revolve around boost and RPM.

Oh, also snagged a Big Block bellhousing and a set of 68-72 A-body 3 inch tailpipes, just for icing on this cake.

Reactions: 7 users
After I got paid but before a car accident occured I purchased the necessary dash vent plugs to go with my recently acquired non-A/C setup.
Screenshot_20230923-011223~2.png Screenshot_20230923-011001~2.png

I also purchased a pair of jounce bars and 4 more chrome El Camino cargo hooks. I still need a non-A/C passenger side bezel for the SS dash but it'll have to wait, as I probably won't be buying more G Body parts for a while.

Last edited:
After I got paid but before a car accident occured I purchased the necessary dash vent plugs to go with my recently acquired non-A/C setup.
View attachment 228431View attachment 228430

I also purchased a pair of jounce bars and 4 more chrome El Camino cargo hooks. I still need a non-A/C passenger side bezel for the SS dash but it'll have to wait, as I probably won't be buying more G Body parts for a while.
They’re getting hard to find. Had to find a pair myself

Well, tragedy struck during the shipment of my non-A/C heater box. Due to a lack of styrofoam it was able to move a little inside the cardboard box it shipped in. This combined with the weight and odd shape means that when they threw it around like one of Donkey Kong's barrels it beat up the firewall mounting surface. It's toast.View attachment 228175View attachment 228174View attachment 228173
The seller is one I'm sure we all know, and he's known for doing a good job packaging the items he sells. These things happen I guess. He's taking this one on the chin: not only is he sending me another unit that's supposed to be in the same condition or better, I get to keep this one!

This experience coupled with some prior fiberglass knowledge leads me to this idea: It might be helpful to bolt these 40 year old relics to a piece of plywood to offer support during their travels. Perhaps a piece with some overlap that would act as a bumper.

I just might try to salvage this one....some day.
I have received items were the shipper put them in a plastic bag and then used spray foam to fill all the voids in the Box so it can't move and they came undamaged

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor