What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

Over the weekend ran to Youngstown to get the intake for the Monte
20230902_140522.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Over the weekend ran to Youngstown to get the intake for the Monte
View attachment 227507
mclellan83 has already bought an edelbrock carb, but I did find him a super high cfm quadrajet off a marine engine at the Charlotte Autofair today.

20230907_130856.jpg

It does need kit thrown in it for a fast re-gasket and go. Even as-is, probably more reliable than a holley sniper ;)

unfortunately, the guy is an 'I know what I've got' type, so, it's probably outside the budget if anyone here....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mclellan83 has already bought an edelbrock carb, but I did find him a super high cfm quadrajet off a marine engine at the Charlotte Autofair today.

View attachment 227583

It does need kit thrown in it for a fast re-gasket and go. Even as-is, probably more reliable than a holley sniper ;)

unfortunately, the guy is an 'I know what I've got' type, so, it's probably outside the budget if anyone here....
That's a $400+core carb all day. Wish I had one for both Monte's here.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I can tell that's a marine carb from the sea shells and barnacles. Are those included or extra?

That's a $400+core carb all day. Wish I had one for both Monte's here.
Maybe we need to buy it. Junior Mexhanic is allowed to get his license once he gets the car running smoothly with that carb?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I just snagged this complete non-A/C heater setup- it only needs the glove box, which I already have. All of the previous units I've seen were missing at least one hard to find part like the ductwork, and they were still asking $450 (and getting it). Worse yet, others were flat out broken. I believe the heater setups will continue to rise in value, and one could add considerable value when installed in the right car. I'm just hoping it clears Schoenfeld stepped primary headers.

I also found an incomplete set of 4 cargo tie down hooks, as well as some hood latches from a '77 Corvette.

Screenshot_20230907-170555~2.png

Notice anything? They're the same part. To my knowledge GM used them as hood latches for 1 year only, then they became cargo hooks. I have no idea what fueled that decision, but if anyone can offer more info on this I'm all ears. The C3 Corvettes that followed had a similar yet different hood latch- it was longer and doubled back on itself instead of bending straight out at a 90° angle. You can still buy the newer style latches ($25 for black zinc), which superceded the older ones. However, you just aren't going to find the older version as a new part, nor will you find new cargo hooks.

I was supposed to buy tools...

Last edited:
I just snagged this complete non-A/C heater setup- it only needs the glove box, which I already have. All of the previous units I've seen were missing at least one hard to find part like the ductwork, and they were still asking $450 (and getting it). Worse yet, others were flat out broken. I believe the heater setups will continue to rise in value, and one could add considerable value when installed in the right car. I'm just hoping it clears Schoenfeld stepped primary headers.

I also found an incomplete set of 4 cargo tie down hooks, as well as some hood latches from a '77 Corvette.

View attachment 227605

Notice anything? They're the same part. To my knowledge GM used them as hood latches for 1 year only, then they became cargo hooks. I have no idea what fueled that decision, but if anyone can offer more info on this I'm all ears. The C3 Corvettes that followed had a similar yet different hood latch- it was longer and doubled back on itself instead of bending straight out at a 90° angle. You can still buy the newer style latches ($25 for black zinc), which superceded the older ones. However, you just aren't going to find the older version as a new part, nor will you find new cargo hooks.

I was supposed to buy tools...
supposedly door latches on vans used the same hooks but I haven't seen one in the junkyard yet

Good to know, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for G vans made from '78-'96 the next time I'm out hunting.

I paid $600 for a complete ElCamino to get the non-A/C setup complete. Ended up with a 3.42 posi sold the tailgate and some interior. Plus saved the gage setup and sold the front frame for an oval race car.
The cheapest heater unit I could find was $600.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor