What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Went to look at a Monte for dash harness. It’s an 85 my cars an 86 but it would be a much better start than fully cut and stripped harness. While I was there I noticed a cutlass out back. Aside from a couple crusty interior parts I was surprised to see it had some really decent tails. Mine are so cracked they are practically crumbling. They cleaned up real nice. Not bad for $30
Still need to go back and finish pulling the dash in the Monte. I plan to take all the under hood and and under dash long with he whole ac box.
7CF8F0F4-C6C4-499D-A2EA-A7CA25CB1786.jpeg

Attachments

• 60A88333-1E41-48AB-A22B-AFDDFD67C258.jpeg
    60A88333-1E41-48AB-A22B-AFDDFD67C258.jpeg
    881.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 43DB1768-48C4-4B07-B807-2029EF004E79.jpeg
    43DB1768-48C4-4B07-B807-2029EF004E79.jpeg
    732.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 553994DB-8103-4E5B-A5C5-987E8A0451A8.jpeg
    553994DB-8103-4E5B-A5C5-987E8A0451A8.jpeg
    748.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 4231C8AB-6F1F-42CB-A8E3-96E8B697EF57.jpeg
    4231C8AB-6F1F-42CB-A8E3-96E8B697EF57.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 9 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The TH400 is being built and I'm gathering all the other stuff needed to make the switch from TH350 to TH400.

Reactions: 1 user

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
I just got back from a parts run for my buddy's gbody. Picked up a stock1975 454 BBC QJet.

Reactions: 1 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Local LKQ had one 2dr blazer left. Went by and picked up the rear sway bar.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Waiting on parts from RockAuto since my brakes are still dragging! Ordered a new booster and RHD blazer master to replace the chrome crap on the car. Hopefully this fixes the system, I could feel the front right dragging the other day on the highway.
The brake pedal should return to home when released, but it doesn't all the way. Fingers crossed.
Screenshot_20230218-102429_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I hate headers. I use Pontiac factory exhaust manifolds only. But since they started using an EFE valve mounted to the DS manifold- without that valve or a dummy- the head pipe won't mate up. OEM Pontiac EFE valves are going for almost $300- IF you can find one!?! All the dummy ones made are for Chevy. A broken one will work but I am fresh out. Enter my buddy who wants to ditch the headers on his Trans Am. We found him a nice set of factory exhaust maniolds but there was no EFE valve. I have an old one that still works just the vacuum motor is busted off. I did NOT want to give it up since it can be made to work. I searched and searched for even a busted one that I could use on his manifold and not waste a usable one. This has gone on for two years with no results. I was searching again and noticed that Four Seasons [the AC people] made an EFE valve part #150 for Pontiac. No one had one. I was again searching with the new part number and BINGO! Amazoom had one being sold by Northern Auto. LAST ONE!! $66.00 and free shipping. I went to Northern's own site and they didn't even list it. I grabbed that sucker faster than you can read this sentence. Amazoom said it fit a 1977 Firebird so I kept my fingers crossed that it would actually be a Pontiac valve. It came today and YES!!!! It is a Pontiac valve! It looks rebuilt because I can still see GM part numbers in the casting. But the vacuum motor and everything else is brand spanking new. Now I have a spare new one. WOWSERS! Is this the last one on the planet? Or are they still hiding on parts shelves somewhere? Check it out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IMG_0598.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Waiting on parts from RockAuto since my brakes are still dragging! Ordered a new booster and RHD blazer master to replace the chrome crap on the car. Hopefully this fixes the system, I could feel the front right dragging the other day on the highway.
The brake pedal should return to home when released, but it doesn't all the way. Fingers crossed. View attachment 216321
great grab. you must've got the last master, i can't find that part number at RA.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I hate headers. I use Pontiac factory exhaust manifolds only. But since they started using an EFE valve mounted to the DS manifold- without that valve or a dummy- the head pipe won't mate up. OEM Pontiac EFE valves are going for almost $300- IF you can find one!?! All the dummy ones made are for Chevy. A broken one will work but I am fresh out. Enter my buddy who wants to ditch the headers on his Trans Am. We found him a nice set of factory exhaust maniolds but there was no EFE valve. I have an old one that still works just the vacuum motor is busted off. I did NOT want to give it up since it can be made to work. I searched and searched for even a busted one that I could use on his manifold and not waste a usable one. This has gone on for two years with no results. I was searching again and noticed that Four Seasons [the AC people] made an EFE valve part #150 for Pontiac. No one had one. I was again searching with the new part number and BINGO! Amazoom had one being sold by Northern Auto. LAST ONE!! $66.00 and free shipping. I went to Northern's own site and they didn't even list it. I grabbed that sucker faster than you can read this sentence. Amazoom said it fit a 1977 Firebird so I kept my fingers crossed that it would actually be a Pontiac valve. It came today and YES!!!! It is a Pontiac valve! It looks rebuilt because I can still see GM part numbers in the casting. But the vacuum motor and everything else is brand spanking new. Now I have a spare new one. WOWSERS! Is this the last one on the planet? Or are they still hiding on parts shelves somewhere? Check it out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> View attachment 216334
Wondering. What makes it a 'pontiac' specific one? Reason I ask is, I've seen that 'four seasons #150' in a chevy application

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
All the Chevy ones I saw were concave- the EFE pipe seat face curves inward and a doughnut gasket makes the seal. The Pontiac [and maybe others] is convex- the pipe seat curves outward. The concave head pipe flare fits tightly to the convex face of the EFE valve and seals without any gasket. Almost all the used or reproduced Chevy ones I found were for the Corvette. Maybe the Corvette was the only Chevy to use a gasket but I am no Chevy expert. They even make dummy EFE valves for Chevy big and small block. But they too are concave. Like this>>>>
ssh-emr004_dx_ml.jpg
Also the Pontiac bolt spacing is not the same as Chevy.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor