What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

Where's the quadrajet?
Throwing the kitchen sink at it, eh?
Figure if I'm gonna do it might as well do it right
Free if he spends enough?
Haaaaaa, I almost didn't place the order because "the people that be" decide to charge an oversize on the Scat I got but not the Eagle I was looking at for the same size and weight..... Figured they would work with me, but no such luck. Apparently they stopped price matching as well when I tried to get them to match the price on a can of engine enamel that is almost half their price when we are supposed to be getting shop pricing. I had already done all the leg work but didn't want to try and find 2 more people to buy heads to set up with AFR and the PMB crank isn't balanced so I wanted to save time/money on having to do that after the fact. I was really close to starting all over again but really ended up getting lazy and not wanting to do it

Reactions: UC645 and pagrunt
Took a ride this morning to buy a cheap backup plan for my '80. I picked up a 350 Olds block, crank and rods. The previous owner stripped what he needed to get another engine done by a shop. I have a good running 350 already but it has the webbed mains. So this is plan "B" if that engine ever gives me trouble. The '71 455 under the bench is plan "C", but not really wanting to use it because it'll shred the existing trans and rear end. Will decide which to use when the time comes, with luck many miles from now.

IMG_4379.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to attempt to buy som MCSS wheels just to be done in by not having a big enough locking lug nut socket so I went hunting for something to mke the trip worth it. Picked up a set of '87-'88 Cutlass aero nose headlight bulb retaining rings, positive & negative cables for a 231, more wire ends, another set of rad support X braces. Saw signs of UC645's handy work (saw what you did to that tank for the filler neck), met another G owner that knew who I was from my North Side days. I'll be ordering a few bigger impact sockets to try to free those wheels.

I almost forgot I grabbed a positive battery junction box of a '03 Siverado 5.3 to se if it'll also work for a remote power junction to pull all the hot wires off the starter.

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-18T12-46-28.218Z.png

Hopefully the last order for the motor build but I am sure I forgot something, besides Summit not having a 3" exhaust hangers that bolt in.....

Since my "car season" is opposite from most of you guys, I havent been able to work on the car much in a few months. 112+ highs in the summer here in AZ make working outside a death wish. So in the mean time I've been hoarding parts here and there and chipping away at the list of things I want to get done in the fall/winter. I didnt buy all of this at once but figured I'd contribute just the same. Recent purchases include:

Hooker Headers - yard sale find for $30
1 of 2 Carven mufflers - offerup find for $30 as well. Still looking for second.
Jegs crossmember for dual exhaust
Jegs mini starter
UMI lower control arms - Amazon had on sale for $100
No name adjustable upper control arms w/ roto joints on body side - $125 from guy on G Body Garage facebook page
Moog A Body springs to bring rear a bit lower - Amazon
KYB shocks to match front - Amazon
spare/for parts AC controller - $20 junkyard find
I've also been piecing together an early 2010s Impala center console from the junkyard, finding the right armrest without any tears, a clean bezel, and wrapping the shifter trim with wood-look vinyl to match the dash trim as seen in another thread. We dont get many people parting out G Bodies or G Bodies landing in the junkyards around here so its been slim pickings for a while. Its too hot to head to junkyard otherwise unless something drops that wont last long.

I'll throw most of this on during the fall or winter when it does cool down and hopefully get the rear suspension done and not have to get under there again. I'm looking to add a strut mount brace and bolt in reinforcements to mounting points in the rear before slapping it all back together. UMI stuff seems to go on sale when I dont have extra money to spend. I'll probably also get a new fuel sender and all that in the tank while I'm under there. My gauge doesnt read correctly and I've checked all wiring and confirmed thats not the issue. The car sat for some time before I bought it so I figured if there was any gas in there it probably went bad and ruined the internals anyways.

Haven’t made many posts on here lately so I figured I’d just jump in this thread. I had to remove and open up my brand new Richmond super t10 to free up a stuck synchronizer that I found while trying to adjust the shifter before I lower my wagon body back down onto the frame. Managed to rip the side cover gasket too so….I bought another gasket….
IMG_7113.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought an auxiliary fuse panel to put next to the auxiliary battery. Had to make a bracket for it and also made a switch panel. Also purchased an AutoMeter trans temp gauge to match my other gauges. As 88AZSS said, our car season is opposite of most of yours. Started installing some of those things but it's slow going with the one hundred teens everyday. And yes, it's a dry heat but SO WHAT!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor