What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
What did you paint these with?
i use dp epoxy primer/sealer and shopline single stage.the pump and the center section got bitched up so i scuffed them up resprayed them only because it's all apart but in the same fashion/materials as i did years ago.

Reactions: 2 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Changed my oil and both filters on my GN. Also added some ZDDP.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Not mine, but helped my buddy put new Moog steering gear in the $200 Cutlass (dubbed "Chinco"- short for Chincoteague, VA). He had ball joints, but neglected to get end links (as well as an idler arm). So we left those for another weekend, and did a redneck string alignment toe adjustment.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Rolled the 80E outside on the trusty ole radio flyer to degrease it some. I want it as clean as possible for opening it up. Also ordered a 20' roll of -6 braided line, because racecar!
20181230_173254.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I got a later start than I wanted to. But I, yanked the passenger side front seat to get easier access under the dash. I built a homemade duct to better disperse the heat from the Vintage Air heater that's installed on the backside of the firewall block-off plate. My passengers were complaining how hot it would get on their side. Meanwhile my feet would be freezing.

I got it all made up and ready to install. But decided to shoot it with a quick coat of spray bomb. I'll re-install it tomorrow and move on to the other items on my list.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I'm stuck waiting parts to come. I'm tired of these holidays and all the days with no mail!

• Haha

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
i use dp epoxy primer/sealer and shopline single stage.the pump and the center section got bitched up so i scuffed them up resprayed them only because it's all apart but in the same fashion/materials as i did years ago.
Looks great melloeky! Really nice job on those peices.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The other half of every project: cleaning up.

Four hours of on my knees laboriously sucking - with a vacuum... ya, pigs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor