What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
My sail panel inserts came in the mail today. I think they look great. Weather tomorrow is supposed to be nice so maybe I'll roll the car outside and swap them in.

IMG_20181226_184247966-2004x2672.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Put defective alternator off El C that lasted one day in wifes trunk. She is offered to return to parts place for me. Kind of her. Taking next week off to install amp. alt, do some hunting and other crap around house

Reactions: 2 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Went into work, checked with HR, had too many vacation days left to roll over so I had to take the rest of the year off. Decided to hit the pick & pull on the way home, they had a 05 Grand Cherokee with an ARB bumper pictured on the list, fat chance it would be there, but what the hell. No bumper but a 78 El Camino yielded it's radiator support. The Monte has some titanic style flaky rust down by the mounts. Not too many straight panels on the Elco, the header wasn't too bad but the grill and headlight bezels were roached. I set the header on the front seat, didn't want to be the dick that ruined something like that.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
how can we judge you until we see the youtube of you singing....:unsure:

Yeah, plus need to know who “them” are? It’s all about the little, preferably more embarrassing things!

:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Started on Dad's presents Christmas night and still on it. New Summit shorty headers, G-Force crossmember, and Jegs bargain exhaust which turned into FlowTech long tubes plus engine mounts, plus plug wire boots, plus wire holders, plus trans mount...... :doh:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Stopped by the shop at work and did some repurposing of some nuts and bolts. Probably be used better on the Regal anyway...
I feel bad for guys that don't have access to a free issue bolt bin. If you went to Fastenal or such and had to buy everything that crap would add up quick. I went and helped my old neighbor put new drop springs in his 66 C10, he had soaked all the old bolts and was trying to remove them with a impact, it was a lot easier to cut them suckers with the blue tip wrench and replace. Most of the bolts I used came out of a box of new hardware someone at the mine chucked in a box and tossed in the steel bin because they were too lazy to sort back out and put in the main bolt bin. Well, I recycled them.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Started on Dad's presents Christmas night and still on it. New Summit shorty headers, G-Force crossmember, and Jegs bargain exhaust which turned into FlowTech long tubes plus engine mounts, plus plug wire boots, plus wire holders, plus trans mount...... :doh:

Wait, WHAT?

How did I miss that you have a wagon in the mix?

And why does everybody else's wagon always look better than mine?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Pulled the SS facia, unbolted the headlights, air inlet and pulled the rusty core support. There were a couple different tabs and the headlight holes were smaller on the El Camino piece. Made a couple cardboard templates and opened them up to look like the Monte support. Then I got about halfway through stripping the new support with a die grinder using scotch brite discs when the air quick coupler came apart. After being hit upside the head by a whipping air hose with 140 psi behind it I no longer care to work in the garage today. I think I'll take a nap...….

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Measured for a turbo drain and then ordered 15 feet of braided -10 AN hose and a bucket of fittings.

I expect to make mistakes.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor