What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
picked up an AC Delco idler arm from APC today and glad to find this marking on the part, Made in USA

1LOW95GMC

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
took it to the body shop.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I finally got around to getting my stereo hooked back up. I set my settings on the deck and amp but when I turned the key off it went into "Protect" mode and I cant seem to get it out. Its a 2 year old Kenwood I bought new I have tried holding the little reset button but to no avail. Any idears???

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
kenwoods go into the protect mode if there is a problem with the wiring but first check to see if it's an internal problem. If you unplug all the wires except for the power and ground and turn it on if it's in the protect mode it's the deck that has a problem.

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Swapped out my steering box with a '79 Calais steering box. Noticeable change.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Rescued my wife and her friends at the movie theater last night. The alternator went out on her car. I jumped and charged her battery in the lot for a few minutes before reluctantly letting her use the Cutlass to drop her friends off while I limped her car home. She'd never driven it before -- in fact, no one but my grandpa or me had driven it in over 20 years. When we got home she said, "It's so comfy...and big. I was super paranoid".

jens88ls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2012
Well,yesterday we put it up on stands so we could pull the wheels off.We have new tires ordered. Today we polished all 4 wheels with our Mothers Polishing ball and pulled the water pump out. It was starting to leak out of the weep hole, so it's time to replace it.We will replace the thermostat and flush the radiator when we reinstall the waterpump. Tire will be here sometime next week! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor