What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 25, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Replaced the shitty old valve cover gaskets, put in some felpro (?) gaskets instead of the old cork ones. Having AC, the drivers side was a real b*tch to replace.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Got my SS Monte Carlo Wheels sand blasted today. Cost me only ten bucks a piece and they came out nice. Tomorrow gonna start taping or hell tonight lol. Then primer more then likely tomorrow. Can't wait to get them on the car. Only thing is I got to get me some smaller tires for the front. Want that stance look like a drag car kinda lol.

http://instagr.am/p/OHkB-VucmN/

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
pulled the trim piece that covers the base of the windshield and brought it to work to paint it satin black so it matches the rest of the trim. 3rd time in 5 years

I put the "new to me" good hood that I painted satin black on the car last week. It lasted for 2 days until I decided I didnt like it and put my old dented white one back on. I will strip my good hood down to the metal and send it out for paint. I figure it will cost me $ 150.00 in supplies to do it my self and $ 200 to have the shop around the corner paint it for me so off it goes !!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Put in the Bilstein AK 1502 shocks in the rear today so now my springs won't fall out when I jack the car up. I'd like to try them out but it's raining. It'll be nice to see how it handles with the AK shocks front and back

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
i put my AR wheels in and ready to drive the sh*t out of her today...

ec4dedc4.jpg

509def82.jpg

acfad079.jpg

d1ea3a79.jpg

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
thursday night: bought another one.
2012-08-09203807.jpg

friday morning: bought audio equipment, installed head unit, mids and highs.
friday afternoon: overheating on the way back, believed to be stuck thermostat or bad radiator, and out of a 1.5 hour drive i was only 20 minutes away from home. drove it around saint louis all day long with no problems that morning. had to get it towed the rest of the way to my house.
friday night: took off header panel and put a euro clip and HIDs on it, rewired to fit the panel.
2012-08-11020554.jpg

saturday: replaced radiator, removed thermostat. turns out the radiator i put in had a hole, so i put in 3rd one. success. i then ripped out the red bench seat and most of the panels with it, to do a 2 tone interior that looks factory. also hooked up subwoofers after buying an amp. oh, and lucky me, a brake line rusted through so i also have to replace that tomorrow.
2012-08-11122032.jpg

2012-08-11132245.jpg

2012-08-11161341.jpg

2012-08-11161334.jpg

plan for Sunday: replace brake line, swap dashes AND gauges, steering column, weld and hook up the shifter, build the custom box for the speakers, and get my chrome ralleys put on.

jens88ls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2012
Well, after I changed the water pump last week, I found a couple drops of oil on the floor when I pushed it back in the garage, after chasing down our "leak" for a couple days, I found the pcv valve was bad so we replaced it. So this morning I got out the simple green and soaked it down underneath and power washed the crap out of it to clean it up. While I was cleaning any blow oil on the valve covers, I noticed a vacuum line that was off and the end was dry rotted on, so I replaced it. While doing that I decided to change the inline fuel filter. When I took the air cleaner off, low and behold, the fuel line from the fuel filter to the carb looked like it was older then the car, so I replaced it too.
Now I'm spending the rest of the day trying to justify to my wife, why we "need" a 383 stroker in the Monte! :lol:

Wish Me luck!

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
i put my AR wheels in and ready to drive the sh*t out of her today...

ec4dedc4.jpg

I love the look of those wheels on your car.
But i'd like em a lot better if they were sized right to fit the car and didn't have to sit like a 4x4. They really look good on there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor