What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are finally dug out from Sandy and the Nor'Easter snow dump of the past two weeks. We put the garage back together on Friday and moved the 442 back into it. Started on the interior again - pulled the center floor console out, stripped and re-painted it. My wife and I did the detail work with the silver lines. Also added in a cool LED lighting strip for the shift position indicator. Today we are going to put it back into the car.

I ordered a few things off Ebay too - a mechanics tech manual from GM, radio panel, and an actual owners manual. Soon I'll put a radio in the car. That's next on the list. I want to get the interior done over the winter. I still need to do something about the front seats - they are rough.

SilverShadow87 said:
yesterday: started dual exhaust, using 2 stock single exhaust systems.... the second cat was already hollowed ( 😱 ), created a drivers side downpipe from the passengers side, deleted the y pipe, drove around for a night with one glasspack already on and an open cat on the other side, that was fun (not)
today: came back from stl, went straight back to work on it, had to move the cat back on the drivers side b/c it was interfering with the shifting linkage, then cut, welded etc. (*note, the glasspack that was already on there went from the passengers side to the drivers side) so i cut that connection and moved the gp over to meet up with the pipe coming from the drivers side cat... connected them, then began work on the passengers side... got the gp on that side but then it got dark so it ends right at the GP on one side and all the way out the back on the other... but damn it sounds good 🙂
well today i rushed the sh*t outta it since i ran outta welding gas and it started to rain, and from the gp back it looks like *ss cause it hangs so low AND it rubs against the springs.... ill cut it off and redo it on another warm day. but its on and sounds good for now.

i installed new oem front springs, ceramic brake pads, sway bar links. and found some american racing center caps that fit my rims 😀

I removed my engine/trans just to install my ac/heater box. I tried to do it with the engine on but ran into too many problems. It was really easy with no front end on yet.

Pulled the slow 307 and 200 trans out of the car. Now, I am going to clean up the engine compartment, have it painted and run all new fuel and brake lines. I also plan on looking over all the suspension and front end components, replacing what needs to be.

Kicked it outside of the garage yesterday DURING a snowstorm, SO My buddy could tape and mud my freshly installed ceiling drywall.. My poor GP hasn't spent a night outside of a garage much less during inclement weather in the last 6 years... :? I tarped the roof and the inoperative windows to prevent snow from getting in. KInda felt sad. 🙁

removed torched and broken springs from my Grand Prix, waiting to to the rears tomorrow... front end looks like it has been donked.... :blam:
driver side,
002.jpg

passenger side,
003.jpg

I replaced my wiper motor, washer pump, and rubber washer lines. Then painted my wiper arms to freshen them up. I now have a working washer pump for the first time since Ive owned my car 🙂

bought 2 Olds rallies for 50 bucks with good tires on em anda free working alternator from the same dude... talk about a come up

Today was more electrical work. Started re-wiring the interior lights from scratch. Whoever worked on it before I got the car butchered it. Got more than half of them working, next week it's on to the cluster lights. Also installed my freshly painted center console. Also added some custom LED lighting there and wired into my new harness. Noticed the trunk was not lined up properly and fixed that too. Got much done this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor