What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my new alternator on. I was gonna rebuild my old one since I spent time polishing it up but I couldnt find a rebuild kit so I'll save it for later.
newalternator.jpg

I'm on my way to a hearing this morning late as usual and while on the 3rd lane on the highway smoke starts rising out of the defrost vents along the telltale smell of coolant that puts a film on the front windshield. So I shut down the heater but the smoke still keeps on coming. I get the car off the highway and I wasn't happy cause I had replaced the heater core this summer. I had to get where I was going but the smoke was worse than a heater core so I had to check it out. It turned out to be a pin hole in the heater tube right at the heater core. I just cut back the hose and fit it in the heater core and got to court on time. I had to run the car for about 30 minutes after I got out of court to get rid of the coolant that was sitting in the heatr core compartment. There is stil some there and I still get a flim on the windsheild. I only run water in the summer so if this happened then no problem, I do not like coolant and it's only in there since it's getting cold and I have not parked the car yet. This hose is a product of China and was new this summer. Once again, thank you China... :wtf:

redid some vacuum lines on the new engine... yanno for an old (s) engine it sure is a rocket :lol: b*tch scoots now. next im gonna redo the valve covers when i get new gaskets and paint them in gold. then give the same treatment to a new edelbrock rpm intake. also painted the air breather cap, the rest of the body of it tomorrow

I discovered some play in my MSD 85551 distributor so I replaced it with my E-curve and took the 8551 apart. I made switching distributors easy cause both are wired to the box so I just use the connector that is set up for that distributor The bearing was ceased and dug a grove in the shaft... :wtf:

Vacuumed it out after driving it to work for the last week and a half.

Finished brushing all the trim pieces and dropped them at the powder coating shop. Started sanding underneath the hood yesterday, layed etching primer and base coat just a min ago. Clearing tomorrow morn.

Blew a head gasket.. HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!

I drove the SS to work today. Yes, work on Thanksgiving. 13 hours of work. On Thanksgiving. :shock:

Thankful that there were no cops on the Mass Pike this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor