What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
pontiac gp said:
landing wheels were down, are you near a base?
Yes about six miles north of Luke AFB, In West Phx. They come in right over Northern ave. About 50 feet above the road.
They fly Hundreds of training flights every week. It's like having a Air Show over your back yard. :shock:

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Filled the wagon with GTO parts to deliver to the sandblaster.
What a great parts hauler!

duppyconqueror

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2011
Put new lifters on my 81 cutlass trunk. Its amazing having a trunk that stays open! gotta enjoy the simple pleasures of life...

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I tied a ladder to the roof-rack to do a job at my Daughter's house. I didn't like the way the cold choke acted so I fooled with it. Now it's WORSE! :blam: Now I gotta set aside a day to adjust it correctly. I definitely require a summer/winter different setting.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
redster said:
It was nice and slick out, so i started drifting around an empty parking lot near my house. One of the neighbours pulled out his old Malibu and started doing the same thing. Cops showed up and they gave it a go too, was a fun evening hahaha

No way the cops were doing donuts lol

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
finally got the cutlass titled in my name, and a tag for it :D
The car sat for 9 months in a driveway, so I got a brand new battery for it (actually installed that last week), changed the oil/filter, air filter, pcv valve, fuel filter, wipers, and a new gas cap.
Left turn signal didnt work, so got a new flasher for it. Added some coolant.
Car came with a new set of goodyear's, but looked like someone slashed one of the tires, so I got 1 take-off tire for it.
About to pull it in the garage after dinner and tinker with a few things, got several small problems I would like to fix before the 9 hour ride to Louisiana this weekend. Driving to my new duty station, Ft. Polk, from Birmingham AL.
Thats gonna be interesting, driving a new (to me) car for 9+ hours straight, without really driving it at all, and sitting for close to a year. Gonna really test the driveability, reliability, and gas mileage of it.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
It was warm in Masshole country today but it's the end of the season.
Removed the GTO seats and stored them in the cellar. They will be reupholstered sometime this winter.
Installed the previous G-body power bucket just to keep the car drivable.
Hooked up the Battery Tender.
DSC_0110.jpg

Backed in tight against the left-hand wall of the garage.
DSC_0111.jpg

Covered up with room in front for the snowblower. Sad sight...
DSC_0112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor