What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
tc1959 said:
I am sitting in the garage, Pretending to work on the El Camino so I don't have to help decorate the Christmas tree. :rofl:

I hope the mrs isn't taking a break and reading your post.... :mrgreen:

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
This was yesterday but went to the junkyard. Found me my rust free Monte passenger door finally.also got me a rear sway bar both for the price of 108.00.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
ElCamMan515 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
ElCamMan515 said:
I set the shaker hood scoop I got for my Elky today to see how it will look. I think it looks pretty bad *ss. Hopefully I will finish install by the Summer.
536_10151296430733838_915201955_n.jpg

28777_10151296430653838_1599689490_n.jpg
Im pretty sure that scoop is backwards. It looks like a T/A scoop.

It is a T/A Scoop and I Am Getting Another Hood To Cut Up

I'm for it! Reminds me of a Barracuda.
plymouth-cars-12.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm not to sure about that backwards T/A scoop its a different look but everyone that looks at it is going to know it is mounted backwards and ask why. Another issue is it was never designed to seal facing that way when the hood closes on an angle with your backwards hole it won't seal on the back edge which is now the front unless you entend it forward and you would probably water drainage issues as well. Just my thoughts as it is your car and I do like funtional forward facing scoops if they are set up properly.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think the shaker scoop is a cool idea. I've seen it on a Monte SS and it looked good. One thing -- I seem to recall that they were offset at the base to compensate for the engine being shifted to the passenger side on my friend's '79 T/A. If you turn it backward wouldn't it be even further offset in the wrong direction? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Either way, it's a cool idea. Be sure to post pics if you finish it.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
I sandblasted my interior, now my whole shell is blasted on the rotisserie. Will be ready to start metalwork in a couple weeks. Gotta practice my welding first as i've never used gas only flux mig. It's freezing *** cold and raining, i have no heat in my shop and it makes the blasting/paint/sealing and motivation to work tons of "fun".

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
i put a new brake line in regal#2 that i just bought..had no rear brakes as the line popped and now have discovered no fluid coming out of master to rear line so looks like a new master cylinder..lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
vonclod said:
i put a new brake line in regal#2 that i just bought..had no rear brakes as the line popped and now have discovered no fluid coming out of master to rear line so looks like a new master cylinder..lol

before changing the master it sounds like you need to bench bleed the master you have and reset the proportioning valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor