What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWPottenger said:
Drove her to the local Cruise-in @ Dairy Queen.

love the stance of your car. what size tires and rims on back? any fender/chassis mods to make them fit? looks nice!

Blacktiger355 said:
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
95 Degree humid NC heat today...Sweaty hand slipped off the steering wheel and clipped the hoop in front of a gas pump. Just what I needed right now, new fender, bumper, turn signal housing/lens, and bumper cover. Luckily the grills were ok. :puke: 😳 😳 :evil:

Ouch!

Attachments

• homer-simpson-doh.gif
    homer-simpson-doh.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 877
tc1959 said:
Blacktiger355 said:
Kwik_Cutty88 said:
95 Degree humid NC heat today...Sweaty hand slipped off the steering wheel and clipped the hoop in front of a gas pump. Just what I needed right now, new fender, bumper, turn signal housing/lens, and bumper cover. Luckily the grills were ok. :puke: 😳 😳 :evil:

Ouch!

Yep. I felt (and still feel like) quite the idiot. The bumper had to be replaced anyway, as well as the bumper cover, but still not the way I wanted to replace them. Hopefully the junkyard will have parts on the cheap.

No work to it today. Just drove it to the store and back. Thinkin about drivin it to work tomorrow.

MrLightning said:
CWPottenger said:
Drove her to the local Cruise-in @ Dairy Queen.

love the stance of your car. what size tires and rims on back? any fender/chassis mods to make them fit? looks nice!

They are 335 x 35 x 17 tires on 17 x 11.5 rims.

As for Mods I added the GNX flares front and back. The frame has been Modified to accept a 1992 C4 Corvette independent rear end assembly. The actual location and shape of frame is still factory.

Picture of frame before putting body back on.(255 50 16 on 16 x 9.5 in picture)

Thanks. It has been a long process to get to this point, but she is an absolute blast to drive.

Attachments

• Rear_Frame.jpg
    Rear_Frame.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 756
They are 335 x 35 x 17 tires on 17 x 11.5 rims.

As for Mods I added the GNX flares front and back. The frame has been Modified to accept a 1992 C4 Corvette independent rear end assembly. The actual location and shape of frame is still factory.

Picture of frame before putting body back on.(255 50 16 on 16 x 9.5 in picture)

Thanks. It has been a long process to get to this point, but she is an absolute blast to drive.[/quote]

Whats the reason for putting vette rearend in it, other than to do it and be different? any gains? Did it allow you to do something you otherwise couldn't?

Looks great! what gear? would the GNX flares fit a Gbody cutlass? anybody ever put them on a Gbody Cutlass? if so, can somebody post pics.

MrLightning said:
would the GNX flares fit a Gbody cutlass? anybody ever put them on a Gbody Cutlass? if so, can somebody post pics.
I think it has been done on a Cutlass/Regal doghouse swap before. It was done so that the front and rear wheel arches would match. I'm not sure if any trimming or filling was done to the Cutlass wheel arches on that project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor