What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
been so busy with the cutlass the last few months, I've been pretty much neglecting the regal.... had to trim up some weeds around where I parked it, and wanted to clean up the yard a bit, so figured I'd move the cutty and see if the thing would even fire up... fired on its first lick, almost as if it was saying "it's about time!" lol

decided it was time to finally get the last couple small floor rust holes patched while I had it moved, and also snapped a pic of the 2 g's together.

CWPottenger said:
I went to the Muncie U-pull in Kansas City Ks and found some little pieces I was missing.

If anyone is in the are I would highly recomend checking it out. Lots of G bodies in the yard most I've ever seen in one yard.

Thank you Dottelife for telling me about this yard
You welcome sir. I found a lot of good stuff there too that was in almost perfect shape.

Last evening after work, I finally was able to get my 403 set into my '84 Cutlass. The car has been sitting for a little over a year due to the High Mileage SBC I had installed in 2011 had started to knock. I found the 403 last summer and finally had the opportunity to pull it out this spring. I was hung up however by the frame brackets for the engine mounts. 81Regal from the forum had a pair that I installed last night and set the engine on.

Took it to Hank Hills house.

Attachments

• 197152_4947735019621_658310914_n.jpg
    197152_4947735019621_658310914_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 775
starting for fixing rusty floor and found two Coins from 1989 and next one from 1975 with dead Iran king head on it :lol:

i wanna replace #2 body bushing and it seems both side bolts stuck in place ... can i have access to upper side of bolts by cutting some part of floor?

Have you tried to spray penetrating oil to the body bolts? I would recommend doing that first if you can get in there. When I did mine, I sprayed PB Blaster in there everyday for a week. It helped... I haven't snapped a single bolt, but a few came close.

Your floor doesn't look that bad if that's the only rust hole.

Longroof79 said:
Have you tried to spray penetrating oil to the body bolts? I would recommend doing that first if you can get in there. When I did mine, I sprayed PB Blaster in there everyday for a week. It helped... I haven't snapped a single bolt, but a few came close.

Your floor doesn't look that bad if that's the only rust hole.

bolts are in bad rusty shape and no time for that way what u did ... how can i have access to upper side of body bushing bolts? i am talking about #2 body bushing only (that one near to rear side of fender and near to same rust hole in pic...)

cyrus_the_great said:
bolts are in bad rusty shape and no time for that way what u did ... how can i have access to upper side of body bushing bolts? i am talking about #2 body bushing only (that one near to rear side of fender and near to same rust hole in pic...)

You'll need access to the top of the bolt if you end up breaking them. Once you see that one bushing is bad, chances are the rest of them will be bad as well. You'll have to loosen a few bolts in order to allow enough room to slide a new bushing in place.
To gain access to the bolt thru the body, you'll have to either drill a good size hole with a circle cutter, or cut an access door with a cutoff wheel. I would still try to lubricate those bolts to help make it easier for you.

Longroof79 said:
cyrus_the_great said:

You'll need access to the top of the bolt if you end up breaking them. Once you see that one bushing is bad, chances are the rest of them will be bad as well. You'll have to loosen a few bolts in order to allow enough room to slide a new bushing in place.
To gain access to the bolt thru the body, you'll have to either drill a good size hole with a circle cutter, or cut an access door with a cutoff wheel. I would still try to lubricate those bolts to help make it easier for you.

the bolt turn and turn freely by my hand in its place

I have to replace my water pump and it's only a couple of season's old. I noticed the coolant leaking from the front bearing last nite when i was replacing an exhaust hanger.The water pump isn't a bad job since it's a serpentine set up and I have an electric fan... 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor