What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
Painted my air cleaner lid, installed a new throttle cable bracket, put on my Russel wire looms and installed new shocks up front.

Attachments

• Monte engine upgrade.jpg
    Monte engine upgrade.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 731

83montecarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2013
last weekend put intake gaskets, aftermarket valve covers, air cleaner and shorty headers
today i pulled the dash out, headliner, back seat and started going at wiring most likely have pics tomorrow

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Finally installed a new fuel tank - much thanks to Dave from EFX Tuning for letting us use his shop and doing most of the work, and Tony from Pep Boys Speed Shop for getting the parts and doing a lot of work as well. I also took the time to clean and detail underneath the car and touch up paint some areas. I thought there would be a ton of rust under there but I was wrong - there was barely any! Did find a small oil leak but it was coming from the drain plug which we replaced and the leak is now gone. A very productive day and one large job checked off the list!

Attachments

• SAM_0655.JPG
    SAM_0655.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 641

MUELLERBU

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2013
Delta, Bc
finally dropped engine, had to mod a few brackets to work with vortec heads, now looking at wire looms for best look, going to check wiring harness for any problems hope to break in this weekend

Attachments

• new engine.JPG
    new engine.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 639

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
86judge said:
Blah. Its getting to that time of year were us cold climate people have to put our cars up for winter. With the birth of my baby girl this year, and the building of our new house. Its an understatement to say my 86 cutlass has been put on the back burner, but I think I done the most important thing any of us car enthusiast can do. And that's simply get it out, fill up the gas tank , and DRIVE!!!! I think we all get caught up on what we need to do, or the next big project we want to do to our cars we sometimes forget to just drive them. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy tinkering on my car, and turning wrenches, but it was nice to just cruise today. My attempt at a funny car burnout was probably the highlight. Lol. Let's not forget to drive them. Even if we have to drive them ugly.

I agree also, I "drive ugly" all the time in my other non G-body's, but it's not usually my Malibu it's transmission is on the brink of failing. I did however take it for a spin last weekend and done a mini driveway burn out, glad the steering column is fixed now. Some people just can't see potential in things whatever it is (car or not) and be glad to be able to work on and have a car hobby and enjoy it as such, but I can.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yikes!! :shock: That's ugly..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
tc1959 said:
Took it to go rescue the Wife, She hit something on the way to work this morning, She destroyed two Good Years and two wheels. :roll:

have you checked with your insurance, that could be classified as an accident with no liability on your wife's part

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
pontiacgp said:
tc1959 said:
Took it to go rescue the Wife, She hit something on the way to work this morning, She destroyed two Good Years and two wheels. :roll:

have you checked with your insurance, that could be classified as an accident with no liability on your wife's part

I don't want to take the hit on the Insurance. last time she got into a fender bender it took three years for my rates to go back down.
I was saving up for a new 55 inch flat screen TV for Christmas. Oh Well :|
The wheels are discontinued and nobody has the same Good Year tire in stock. looks like I will have to get another set of wheels and two of a different brand of tires.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
tc1959 said:
pontiacgp said:
tc1959 said:

I don't want to take the hit on the Insurance. last time she got into a fender bender it took three years for my rates to go back down.
I was saving up for a new 55 inch flat screen TV for Christmas. Oh Well :|
The wheels are discontinued and nobody has the same Good Year tire in stock. looks like I will have to get another set of wheels and two of a different brand of tires.

it would be comprehensive claim, like a busted windshield....or make a claim with the city or county who controls the road. I'd hate to see you pay for something clearly not your fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor