What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
What a great weekend! The weather was perfect - finally made it out to some shows. Ship Bottom Fire Co show on Saturday was a great time! Live band and everything. We had our Bayville NJ cruise night later that evening, and then today was the Ocean County Vocational School show. Won a Best Oldsmobile trophy at that show!

Attachments

• WP_20140928_09_14_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140928_09_14_13_Pro.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 637
  • WP_20140928_14_50_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140928_14_50_32_Pro.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 635
  • WP_20140927_08_44_32_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140927_08_44_32_Pro.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 633

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
Its raining and my windshield wipers decided not to work lol. Hopefully its just a fuse.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
axisg said:
well it was slow today at work so I decided to tackle the window felts. UGHH !! Lowered the window, all the screws came out fine but when I took off the top trim there was a rust bubble the size of a quarter under there right on the flat part of the ledge just forward of the mirror completely hidden by the trim.

SO the rest of my day has been spent digging out the rust with the dremel. Just the outer sheetmetal was rusted, the inner still looks fine. I brazed in a piece of metal then coated it both sides with Rust Convertor. Tonight will body fill and smooth the area, prime then paint and hopefully by Monday I can finally put the window felts in !!

Somedays I don't like working on old cars and their rust issues. Its a fairly simple fix that should last a lifetime but I think the next classic car I purchase will have to come from Texas or Arizona

Passenger side window felts done !!!! I only used 1 predrilled hole. I think the originals were put on by hand as they were held on with self tapping screws and when I tried to line it using the old holes the felt would not sit flat. I just lined up the forward one as close as I could then re-drilled new holes and re-used the self tapping screws. The inners were for sure original as they were held on with big staples. The new one goes on with pop rivets instead

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
finished the install of my kwick alt/ps , type II , remote reservoir brackets to match the a/c brackets . I can say that Wayne has very good customer service . will post pics soon.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
CWPottenger said:
Attempted to put new carpet into my door panels... I Failed... :(

I think it looks pretty good! :rofl:

car-photo-funny-interior-orange-shag-carpet-dash.jpg

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
is that a Count Custom? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor