What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
My cam replacement project is on hold as I had retinal re attachment surgery last Monday. Today I took advantage of the warm weather to refinish a rally wheel. 2 down, 2 to go!

IMG_1295.JPG

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Been working on fitting Celeb lights to the header panel...
image.jpg

image.jpg

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Friday night I got it up on a friends hoist to give it the spring go-over. Replaced 1 broken exhaust hanger over the axle and the exhaust hangers that hold the tailpipes in place were getting pretty sloppy so we cut down an L bracket and welded one end to the tailpipe and bolted the other to bumper shock mount. Its not ideal but if I get rear ended the exhaust will be munched anyways with the tailpipes sticking out the back !

Otherwise it still looks pretty good under there. I found 1 body mount behind the DS rear wheel that the bolt has snapped the head off so that will get tackled when I buy a house with a garage as its not loose or banging ( yet ). Although my car has been undercoated multiple times its still a S.Ont car so I don't think the body mounts will come out without a major fight !

Today wifey and I are going on a 4-6 hour cruise to burn off the last of the old fuel and enjoy the spring weather

Reactions: 1 user

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Had a fairly productive weekend, all things considered. Picked up a parts order yesterday morning, refinished a rim yesterday that turned out so well that I had to go & fix up the first rim I painted so it matches the 2nd rim- wet sanded & another coat of paint. Also repainted the water pump in preparation for reassembly.

IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor