What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I flooded the car while messing with my kickdown cable. Couldn't get it started so I took the air cleaner off and pulled the spark plugs. Hope It drys out over night. Hope I didnt really screw anything up

There must be a 'bonus' water trap in there because this is the only rotten place on the entire car. The opposite side, same location looks perfect.
I had to find the Prothane Malibu bushing kit in the Shed o' Many Things, and was amused that there were no instructions. Maybe got left out ten years ago. After some extended searching, I found a watermarked copy NOT on Prothane's website. If I put the Prothane instructions with Energy Suspension's instructions, I can figure out what I am doing. .

Funny how one side of the car just gets murdered while the other side just whistles thru life eh?
That Prothane kit looks pretty much exactly like the Energy kit I just put in my car so I think your instructions will work fine.
Shed o many things- I can relate, I was a packrat in my former life, am one now, and I'm sure I find a corner in heaven or hell to stick some crap too lol

I finally started the clean up phase of my next cutlass project...

Attachments

• IMG_20150620_193402931.jpg
    IMG_20150620_193402931.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 200
Reactions: mr evil
Pretty sure I flooded the car while messing with my kickdown cable. Couldn't get it started so I took the air cleaner off and pulled the spark plugs. Hope It drys out over night. Hope I didnt really screw anything up
Just hold the throttle wide open and it will usually start if it flooded. Sounds backwards but it works.

I picked up a new power steering pressure hose and ordered the return assembly. I hope this will work with the 07 truck pump. I have read it will, can't wait to find out.

Just hold the throttle wide open and it will usually start if it flooded. Sounds backwards but it works.
Tried that. It sounded like it wanted to start but just wouldn't. I put the petal to the floor turned the key for about 10 seconds and stopped. Tried the same thing again but when it sounded like it was gonna fire I pumped the gas and then it back fired and had a little flame in the carb so I blew that out and decided to leave it sit overnight.

Tried that. It sounded like it wanted to start but just wouldn't. I put the petal to the floor turned the key for about 10 seconds and stopped. Tried the same thing again but when it sounded like it was gonna fire I pumped the gas and then it back fired and had a little flame in the carb so I blew that out and decided to leave it sit overnight.
You don't pump it if it flooded just hold it to the floor. You may have to crank a bit longer than normal but it will go. When it catch fire, again don't pump it just crank it. If you pump it the accel pumps add fuel to the fire. Cranking it will suck the flame inside the engine and the fire will go out without burning the insulation off the hood or your hands.

• Useful
Reactions: mr evil
You don't pump it if it flooded just hold it to the floor. You may have to crank a bit longer than normal but it will go. When it catch fire, again don't pump it just crank it. If you pump it the accel pumps add fuel to the fire. Cranking it will suck the flame inside the engine and the fire will go out without burning the insulation off the hood or your hands.
Alright thanks for the advice. I will try again in the morning. Cross my fingers it starts. Theres a little fathers day car show tomorrow in my town and I was hoping to drive the cutlass there.

Well, the missus is coming home today so I've done all laundry and dishes, cleaned kitchen and bathroom and vacuumed throughout.

Hey!
It counts! It has a direct effect on when and for how long I get to play with my car.....and, if she decides to put any of her hard earned money toward this or that for it, wink wink.
Happy wife, happy life......don't judge me dammit 😀

• Agree
Reactions: ssn696
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor