What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Recently got carpet and seats back in, dash is all wired back up. Been last two days cleaning and organizing garage....sorting copious amounts of nuts/bolts/fasteners/parts that I was too lazy to organize when I took the car apart. Toss in the fact that we moved earlier this year and everything basically got tossed into boxes, I'm still sorting it all out. Tools are all put away so I know where the hell to find them now and I now actually have some real space to work around the car...relative to what I had before, which required me to literally wade through a gauntlet of "stuff" to get to where I needed to be.
Found lots of stuff I'd forgotten I had so it was a little like Christmas at times.....I feel liberated and far more compelled to get out and get to work now. Good therapy....if any of you are living with the same mess I had, I highly recommend taking the time out to clean up, it feels great!:banana:

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Its been a tough summer and I have only driven the Monte once in the last 4 weeks. And even that trip I drove it pretty angry. Now it sits at the top of the driveway on a jackstand as there is a nail in the back tire making it go flat. I dont even feel like fixing that for some reason.
If I had a garage I think I would tuck it away until the spring....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Its been a tough summer and I have only driven the Monte once in the last 4 weeks. And even that trip I drove it pretty angry. Now it sits at the top of the driveway on a jackstand as there is a nail in the back tire making it go flat. I dont even feel like fixing that for some reason.
If I had a garage I think I would tuck it away until the spring....

and I thought I had a rough summer with my GP...

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
On the way to a show on Saturday, heard loud clattering from under the hood. Pulled over and started disassembling stuff. Found three, yes three rocker arm nuts backed off. finally got them re-adjusted and headed back home. $1.50 in parts took me out. New parts arrive tomorrow. DAMN YOU, SELF LOCKING NUTS.
IMG_3044.JPG

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
and I thought I had a rough summer with my GP...

my car has been great this year ! I got the AC working again and no complaints with it otherwise. Work and life in general has been bumpy and very very busy the last 8-10 weeks which is keeping me from enjoying the car though. Unfortunately I have taken the frustration out on the car this summer :/
I will def need some back tires come spring ( which are probably much cheaper than a therapist LOL )

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yesterday,I got my new a/c system recharged with R134A. After all these years of driving the car without a/c, I can now drive in comfort. Checked another thing off the list...now to work on having overdrive and improved braking. Living in Florida..having functioning a/c is a necessity,

Reactions: 1 users

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
CWPottenger, What do you mean by turning in your EFI? What are you running?

I meant tuning.. I have the Fast EZ EFI TBI setup. It runs great, starts everytime, idles smooth. I just have an issue with it backfiring out exhaust on aggressive deceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor