What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a felpro one piece oil pan gasket.:blam:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got my 78 out and washed it!

^^^i have a lot of great rust free parts,as well as interior parts for that 70's cutty of yours in the backdrop.pm me if interested.

20160519_184636 - Copy.jpg 20160519_183015 - Copy.jpg 20160519_184404 - Copy.jpg 20160519_182935 - Copy.jpg 20160519_183950 - Copy.jpg 20160519_182925 - Copy.jpg Good news is I installed my dual fans, to the shroud and all to the new radiator, and got it mounted in the car. Bad news is that upon firing the car back up and filling back up with coolant, my thermostat housing is leaking (I just put this new one on last week in preparation for the radiator install); this is the 3rd time in as many attempts that the housing has leaked. First was with a chrome (junk) water neck, Felpro gasket and no sealer, 2nd attempt was with chrome water neck, Felpro gasket and sealer (Permatex), and the third was with the new OE housing form Fusick's, with Felpro gasket and Permatex...I've never had a problem with the housing leaking before, and I know everyone has a differing opinion as to whether or not to use a gasket sealer/maker..but I've done it both ways, with two different housings, all on a new Performer RPM intake....I wouldn't think the surface is gouged, and I don't think I've over-torqued the bolts causing any warping.....but I am at my wit's end. Just something else to deal with, I guess.

View attachment 51051 View attachment 51052 View attachment 51053 View attachment 51054 View attachment 51055 View attachment 51056 Good news is I installed my dual fans, to the shroud and all to the new radiator, and got it mounted in the car. Bad news is that upon firing the car back up and filling back up with coolant, my thermostat housing is leaking (I just put this new one on last week in preparation for the radiator install); this is the 3rd time in as many attempts that the housing has leaked. First was with a chrome (junk) water neck, Felpro gasket and no sealer, 2nd attempt was with chrome water neck, Felpro gasket and sealer (Permatex), and the third was with the new OE housing form Fusick's, with Felpro gasket and Permatex...I've never had a problem with the housing leaking before, and I know everyone has a differing opinion as to whether or not to use a gasket sealer/maker..but I've done it both ways, with two different housings, all on a new Performer RPM intake....I wouldn't think the surface is gouged, and I don't think I've over-torqued the bolts causing any warping.....but I am at my wit's end. Just something else to deal with, I guess.
have those same fans and radiator in my regal, I really like the shroud.. where can i get one?

Mr. T Type, I bought the shroud, fans and radiator in a package from ace_replicas http://www.ebay.com/usr/ace_replicas?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 on eBay. This particular set was labeled as fitting a 70-81 Camaro, but all of the specs fit my Cutlass, so I bought it and fit fine. The shroud is just some aluminum sheet bent; if you can't do it or have someone do it locally, they (ace_replicas) can probably hook you up.

The contact info is Tony @ 209-652-4059. Performance Cooling.

Reactions: Mr T Type
Two days ago, took top end off my V6 to see what made it blow up two years ago. Seems like head gasket leak. Yesterday, listing about 800 bucks in parts I still need to finish my Buick 350 swap. Today, rest. Tomorrow, sell my Thunderbird *insert tear emoji* for a cool thousand tomorrow. Knocking 429 and all. Expect pics of Regal soon.

Today I had 2 friends help me change the drivers door pins and bushings, they were showing wear, this went well. The door closes like new. This motivated me to change the outer window sweeps, these are quality products. The only issue I had to change a couple door panel fasteners that I had in stock. Subject 1987 El Camino

[QUOTE="Would you turn down this Little Neck Striper?
PB260191_01_zps7gcqhpm6.jpg
"[/QUOTE]
Dang! Are those 12" floor tiles?!? Where's that monster been feeding?

Regarding your clutch - maybe you should consider an S10 or Astro T5 with the 4:1 granny low gear for the boat ramp and the overdrive for the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor