What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Ordered about 500 bucks in parts for my Buick. Radiator, break in oil, filters, harmonic balancer, downpipes, etc. Hope to put the motor in, break it in the car, take it back out and hook it to the th350 thi weekend. Wish me luck!

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Ordered about 500 bucks in parts for my Buick. Radiator, break in oil, filters, harmonic balancer, downpipes, etc. Hope to put the motor in, break it in the car, take it back out and hook it to the th350 thi weekend. Wish me luck!
Good luck Sony!
Fired up the "new" 350 again last night, started working on the exhaust and decided I needed to pick up a couple flex pipes. Tightened up a fuel leak, Revved the snot out of it for a bit, installed the rest of my spark plug heat shields and called it a night. If I get the exhaust finished today, it will be time to take it off the ramps and see how that thm350 uni reacts with no sensor hooked up and no installed kickdown cable. Fingers crossed, I'll need some new tires soon.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Good luck Sony!
Fired up the "new" 350 again last night, started working on the exhaust and decided I needed to pick up a couple flex pipes. Tightened up a fuel leak, Revved the snot out of it for a bit, installed the rest of my spark plug heat shields and called it a night. If I get the exhaust finished today, it will be time to take it off the ramps and see how that thm350 uni reacts with no sensor hooked up and no installed kickdown cable. Fingers crossed, I'll need some new tires soon.
Nice! Have fun! On my end the Only thing I'm worried about is that first half hour. Damn flat tappet cams. Oh well. It should have a pretty nice lope to it with .469 lift annnnnd I think 268 duration and 110 lobe separation. Should be great. Might make a video of it as well. :D

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also breaking in that puppy with just TA downpipes that at most are three feet long with some flowmaster super 10 mufflers. Neighbors will hate me.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Good luck Sony!
Don't mean to high jack your post, but do not revv the snot out of a new tight engine especially when it is cold. You will spin a bearing doing that! Sorry to enerupt. Good luck Mrsony! I love the first start up. Is she going to go or blow!

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Also breaking in that puppy with just TA downpipes that at most are three feet long with some flowmaster super 10 mufflers. Neighbors will hate me.
Just had headers on mine, broke it in a little at a time, 10 minutes here, another few there. Damn Flowtech's were glowing, and it was kinda late at night.
Don't mean to high jack your post, but do not revv the snot out of a new tight engine especially when it is cold. You will spin a bearing doing that! Sorry to enerupt. Good luck Mrsony! I love the first start up. Is she going to go or blow!
The lower end was already assembled and running, we just swapped out the cam and changed heads on it. So far so good.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hopefully she goes a little before blows a lot. To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all. Or whatever. And dare I say, I'm in love with this motor!
20160522_191522_resized.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Still needs new balancer and downpipes. Plus all the little belts, hoses, fittings, etc. Old balancer just there to help the new rope seal to keep shape. All that and more should be here this Friday. All the way from AZ from TA Performance. I talk them up a lot, but if you're into Buicks, they are the ONLY (litterally speaking) place for Buick parts. All they do is Buick, and I think rear diff covers for Ford 8.8 rears.

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
Took the cutlass for a drive with the new 200-4r trans. Everything was good except I'm pretty sure the torque converter wasn't locking up. I enjoyed driving the car but I think my dog enjoyed it more.
DSC_3084.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Axisg- the NYC area is loaded with good fishing, and the waters are pristine compared to when I was a kid. I have fished from the East River to Montauk and everywhere in between, North and South Shore. My biggest summer flounders (8 lbs) came from Jamaica Bay and Reynolds Channel. My biggest Stripers came from Jamaica and Little Neck Bay. Since I am old and lazy now I confine myself to the closest spots. I am right off the Cross Island Parkway so Little Neck to the North and Far Rockaway to the South fits me perfectly. I only fish for the table and have been doing so for over 50 years and I am not glowing in the dark yet. Would you turn down this Little Neck Striper?
PB260191_01_zps7gcqhpm6.jpg

YUP that and everything else I catch gets tossed back. I love to fish but cant stand the taste of them. Looks like that would put up a nice little fight. Biggest I have pulled in thus far this year is a 13" Pike at maybe 5 lbs. Trouble is we were fishing for perch with little hooks so I didn't have my pliers or the big net ready. It was a little comical when I pulled it to the surface and seen what I had on. I asked my son " quick get the net ! ", to which he replied "which net ?? ", "where is it? ..,.. OK I got it ..." and he hands me a butterfly net that he uses to catch minnows ROFL. Then he leaned over the side to see what I had on and started scrambling to grab something bigger. I got the hook out with my fingers intact though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor