What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
another slow day at work..... I got my Air Fuel Ratio gauge mounted in the car. Its powered now and lines are run. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the bolt out of the O2 Sensor bung in my headers. Its been on there since the headers were new (10+ years and 2 other cars ago ). I put a wrench on it but it didn't want to budge. I am out of acetylene so I hope propane and a hit from the impact gun will break it loose.

... or I may just take a " mental health " day from work and put the boat in the water tomorrow instead

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
:doh:Propane was not hot enough ! Impact, Heat, breaker bar, impact, more heat and rapid cool, PB Blaster and only 2 threads off the plug survived. At least it stripped the plug and not the O2 Bung. My largest tap is 1/2" to chase the threads clear so I am off to Princess Auto with a hole in my exhaust to see if they have an O2 Sensor thread chaser. Car was kinda loud before, now it sounds like a derby car

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used my Bonnewagon to take my Whaler to the boat ramp. My mountain bike goes in the back so I can ride back from the marina. I get very strange stares from people when they see the bike in the boat. I tell them it's for in case the boat quits I can get home. This is the only time I hate a clutch. I am seriously considering an automatic just for trailering.
d9a7930d-2632-4ed1-90c8-265a0eb361fa_zpsvl4zjknv.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
Orderd the wrap for the headers, new fuel line,looking to get a better transmission cooler, if any one has any input on a good one please let me know

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
Orderd the wrap for the headers, new fuel line,looking to get a better transmission cooler, if any one has any input on a good one please let me know

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
take a look at where you plan on mounting it and go from there in regards to style and sizes. IIRC the one in my Monte I grabbed from a u-pick yard for less than 10 dollars off a Ferd Pickup ( plate style ). I mounted it with a couple spacers and a handful of zip ties thru the AC Condenser until I find the need to take the nose off my car to fab up some mounts for it.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I used my Bonnewagon to take my Whaler to the boat ramp. My mountain bike goes in the back so I can ride back from the marina. I get very strange stares from people when they see the bike in the boat. I tell them it's for in case the boat quits I can get home. This is the only time I hate a clutch. I am seriously considering an automatic just for trailering.

Curious, do you fish down Jamaica Bay or Up by Flushing / LGA ? The guys in the Maspeth Office are always going on about how great the fishing is in NYC and its only 15 mins from the office to the boat launch. I only fish for sport but I cant image eating anything out of the water around there :)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Axisg- the NYC area is loaded with good fishing, and the waters are pristine compared to when I was a kid. I have fished from the East River to Montauk and everywhere in between, North and South Shore. My biggest summer flounders (8 lbs) came from Jamaica Bay and Reynolds Channel. My biggest Stripers came from Jamaica and Little Neck Bay. Since I am old and lazy now I confine myself to the closest spots. I am right off the Cross Island Parkway so Little Neck to the North and Far Rockaway to the South fits me perfectly. I only fish for the table and have been doing so for over 50 years and I am not glowing in the dark yet. Would you turn down this Little Neck Striper?
PB260191_01_zps7gcqhpm6.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor