What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Finishing up on the little rust on floor board after trans swap. Ordering carpet and padding. List of SEM stuff for interior. Tax crap done. Paying once again. Going to get a cold beer
Cheers guys

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I removed the intake and the GM vortec gaskets were letting the oil get sucked into a few cylinders, cleaned everything up and installed the felpro gaskets which I torqued to the 26 lbs so that should cure that problem. Forgot to pick up a thermostat gasket and I was tempted to use silicone but I thought I'll do it right. On the way back I stopped in to pick up a gasket and there is none in stock. I'll check Napa tomorrow but I should have use the silicone so I could have filled up the coolant. Now I'm heading out for some food at my favorite Jamaican restaurant and then later I'll put my quadrajet back together so I can fire up the GP tomorrow......:)

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the carb is set to go, did a few minor changes. I used Jack's trick of lipseal on the horn gasket this time to see how that work. I used the cherry flavor to see if that would would make my engine bay smell pretty. Changed the jets from 73 to 71, changed the power piston spring to one that will respond quicker, put my brass float in place of the plastic one, changed the fuel inlet seat to a solid one, the one that was in the carb was a window type and the car didn't start right if sitting for a while. I think the fuel in the bowl was draining out through the windows. But now I am stuck with no thermostat gasket cause all the stores are closed today. I could silicone it but I would have to let it dry till tomorrow but I guess I should have silicone it yesterday so I would be all set to go today. I do have a spare thermostat gasket but it's not in any of the places I put stuff in so I won't loose it, I must have put it in a new spot.....:(

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have the carb is set to go, did a few minor changes. I used Jack's trick of lipseal on the horn gasket this time to see how that work. I used the cherry flavor to see if that would would make my engine bay smell pretty. Changed the jets from 73 to 71, changed the power piston spring to one that will respond quicker, put my brass float in place of the plastic one, changed the fuel inlet seat to a solid one, the one that was in the carb was a window type and the car didn't start right if sitting for a while. I think the fuel in the bowl was draining out through the windows. But now I am stuck with no thermostat gasket cause all the stores are closed today. I could silicone it but I would have to let it dry till tomorrow but I guess I should have silicone it yesterday so I would be all set to go today. I do have a spare thermostat gasket but it's not in any of the places I put stuff in so I won't loose it, I must have put it in a new spot.....:(
Does it smell pretty?:rofl:

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Time for an O-ring thermostat housing

• Agree

Bigtexs

Apprentice
Mar 30, 2017
Oak Cliff, Tx
I was a very busy man the last five days. I completed my brake upgrade (98 Blazer), Jeep steering shaft and dash cap install from DashTops.Com

Attachments

• IMG_20170411_094606.jpg
    IMG_20170411_094606.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20170409_185106.jpg
    IMG_20170409_185106.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20170411_161653.jpg
    IMG_20170411_161653.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 142
  • 1492383451701.jpg
    1492383451701.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 164
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nice! Yeah the ride home was a little sketchy, even though my mazda has a 3.0L. Rush hour traffic with 300+ extra lbs made it interesting.
I carried a 350 olds in the back of my regal. Empty the suspension is so clapped out you can bottom it out by pushing on it. That was a fun day. With 2.41 gears too. 1/8 tank getting there, 1/4 tank going back.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I put the carb back in the GP..dropped the red top in the trunk...set the choke on the carb then got in the car, tuned it over til the oil pressure built up and then without touching the gas pedal the car started so I went oh oh, that is not a good sign.....then it dawned on me, I set the float level measured for my other quadrajet....5/16 is not 15/32.....but I got that fixed and it's ready to go back on...oh well....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor