What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That was my 2nd favorite paint shop to go to when I was still living in Nort Side, the 1st was the old Diztler shop off Perrysville Ave by Perry HS.
WPL is my goto place for the GOOD STUFF. In the 70s and 80s when I was in the business, just about all the shops I worked at used them first. I have all my gas bottles from them, and they're experts on my Miller welder.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
[QUOTE="Ribbedroof, Rolled the coupe off the trailer
is that coupe for the donor "the project"?[/QUOTE]

No, the coupe was a poor decision triggered by wanting to buy one before they got any more expensive. Like many of us, what was supposed to be a relatively quick drivetrain install snowballed into a lot bigger project

No luck on the donor front, and I'm not sure I'm even up for it anymore,,,,, all these late model wrecks that fuel my paycheck are killing my interest in fixing my own stuff at home.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Think I have my serp belt alignment issue cured. Buddy and his wife were in town, met them out for dinner and drove the car. Got lots of thumbs up. He didn't get to hear it when we parked so he waited on the street as we drove away. Gave everyone a little show :D

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Sound clip to follow soon.
View attachment 91463
20180703_152202-jpg.91463

They look a little low. They can probably go up. right?

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I picked up my new dash
Eduardo covered it
Medium gray with a black French stitching

Attachments

• IMG_1655.JPG
    IMG_1655.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1656.JPG
    IMG_1656.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1657.JPG
    IMG_1657.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Reactions: 8 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I'm in a similar situation. The largest population in the state and I know LS swapped stuff is very rare. Turbocharged LS stuff... I would be surprised if there were half a dozen drivers in the area.

I believe if the internet wan't around the instances of LS swap would be less, even living in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
20180703_152202-jpg.91463

They look a little low. They can probably go up. right?
Passenger muffler can level out, driver's can go as high as passenger. Keep in mind, it's literally just a straight piece of 4ft pipe on either side (technically I guess 3' 7" now) and any higher than the passenger it hits the floor. I imagine a kit would fit better. Was gonna get a Pypes kit, but I was only gonna use the tail pipes anyway. Dont want an X pipe, and after reading other members posts about them, not so sure. TA Performance makes a kit, but I've never seen it. Probably has monte SS tail pipes. Which I also didn't want. I can go over pretty decent dips and they don't scrape, but if the pipes were angled in the middle a bit I suppose the rest would be moved up in turn.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Changing my oil and filter 1900 miles early due to having to drive through rivers on the way home this past weekend and water getting in. Its a lil frothy especially in the breather, I think thats where most of it got in. Dipstick doesnt read over full so its not a lot, but any is too much. Midwest got tons of rain. Everywhere near a source of water got flooded. This is a creek near me... Usually about 2 to 3 feet deep at the absolute max. Here its about 18 feet deep.
View attachment 91395

Also replaced my battery and alternator... 228 Bucks. Solved my issues tho. Ordered some el cheapo Pioneer speakers from Amazon.
View attachment 91396
Ive only had 1 working speaker for about a year and a half and im tired of it. Also ordered a shim kit for my oil pump to get the clearances in spec.
Replaced a leaky freeze plug in the passenger head.
View attachment 91398

Lastly I mocked up my 3.8 accessory drive on my 350 to see what needs to be modified where. Only real mods needed is the black bracket that braces the long adjustment arm for the alt needed shortened about an inch and a half. Ill put it back on and measure for belt size... Unless anyone knows the stock 3.8 alt belt length off hand...
Addendum, changed oil. No froth. Water in the breather confirmed as the entry point. Engine is fine.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor