What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Rolled the coupe off the trailer

but it was because I'm helping a coworker bring his "new" truck home tomorrow. Supposed to be almost 100* tomorrow....glad he waited til the last minute to ask :roll:

Now I have 2 dead players at the bottom of the hill in front of the shop. Sometimes, I hate my life.

View attachment 91504

Not dead.. just ready to be resurrected!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
mocked up new pulleys and valve covers..

The engine looks great. I see that you have the filter on and I don't know if you filled the filter before you put it on but if you did it is possible for the oil to leak into the pump cavity which will dissolve the vaseline or whatever you have the pump packed with to create the suction to draw the oil to the pump on start up. You probably didn't fill the filter but I'd rather be wrong than to say nothing....:)

Reactions: 3 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I was going to buy the UMI kit to notch the rear framerails. Then I read how Motorhead Mike did his on his wagon and decided to save a hundo and take an inch out and reuse the outer rail. A small transition piece at the front and rear and blam! narrowed rails. Pics when I get my crap I phone 6 replaced.

Reactions: 6 users

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
The engine looks great. I see that you have the filter on and I don't know if you filled the filter before you put it on but if you did it is possible for the oil to leak into the pump cavity which will dissolve the vaseline or whatever you have the pump packed with to create the suction to draw the oil to the pump on start up. You probably didn't fill the filter but I'd rather be wrong than to say nothing....:)

To be honest i don't remember... but there is fresh oil in the engine. I plan to get new oil pump gears and rebuild kit for housing before firing it back up. SO no oil in filter during first start up?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

but it was because I'm helping a coworker bring his "new" truck home tomorrow. Supposed to be almost 100* tomorrow....glad he waited til the last minute to ask :roll:

Now I have 2 dead players at the bottom of the hill in front of the shop. Sometimes, I hate my life.

View attachment 91504
Brian,
Why is the wagon out of commission?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

View attachment 91504
Brian,

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Brian,

Well, it wouldn't RPM last time I drove it. Checked the plugs, replaced the wires, suspected exhaust obstruction, so I removed it. Then, I noticed that the lovely 2 year old CCC Dualjet was no longer making any noise like it usually does. Soooo, I parked it to build a non CCC Dualjet for it (and install a non-computer HEI). Then kid's graduation and summer happened. Today I noticed that there was a nice dark spot under it, and it wouldn't even think about going to reverse, so I guess the trans is going to need some loving too.

I swear, some days I'd sell them all and buy something that runs and drives and doesn't need everything just to be out from under it all.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
To be honest i don't remember... but there is fresh oil in the engine. I plan to get new oil pump gears and rebuild kit for housing before firing it back up. SO no oil in filter during first start up?

You can put the oil in the filter just before start up, there is a valve that prevents the oil from draining out of the filter but I was concerned if the engine is left for a extended period it may drain into the pump causing a problem with no oil pressure on start up. I have built a few Buick engines and I never like where the pump sits.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
You can put the oil in the filter just before start up, there is a valve that prevents the oil from draining out of the filter but I was concerned if the engine is left for a extended period it may drain into the pump causing a problem with no oil pressure on start up. I have built a few Buick engines and I never like where the pump sits.

Thank you for saving me from a major catastrophe! Knowing my impatience i would have tried to fire it up as is. I know oil pressure is a biggie with Buicks..

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor