What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenyx said:
Wow, it's kinda sad that this is the first time I've been able to post on this thread lol. Well, last night I FINALLY got my car back. Had it towed to the front of my place. Went to move it to my parking spot, but had to boost it. But then I got to drive it (about 30' lol) with open headers to it's parking spot.

May not be much, but after 10 months at the mechanic it was a lot for me lol.
=====================================================================================================
Have you come to a conclusion about your trans dilemma?

A question for you. What type of vehicle did your 15" steelies come off of?

No not yet. I'm thinking that I'll just the the exhaust patched up, and drive it with the stock transmission for now. It's been about a year since I've driven the thing. And hopefully it hold up long enough. Long enough for what? I haven't figured that part out yet. I'm thinking right now that I'm just gonna sell the 700r4 and go with a TH350. That way I don't have to mess with the shifter linkage, speedo gears, x-member, drive shaft, or worry about the cable adjustment. And O/D or not, I'm not planning on taking a 400+HP car on a long highway trip anyway. There's a guy here selling a used TH350 for $250. I might just pick that up, but a converter and shift kit and run it like that for now.

The rime I bought at a local used tire and rim shop. Not sure what they are from, he just went digging through his pile until he had 4 matching wheels that were straight lol. But I'm thinking about going back to 14s.

I got "new" seats to my Pontiac...

Otherways I have been just cruising... 8)

Attachments

• penkit.jpg
    penkit.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 1,163
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Phoenyx said:
No not yet. I'm thinking that I'll just the the exhaust patched up, and drive it with the stock transmission for now. It's been about a year since I've driven the thing. And hopefully it hold up long enough. Long enough for what? I haven't figured that part out yet. I'm thinking right now that I'm just gonna sell the 700r4 and go with a TH350. That way I don't have to mess with the shifter linkage, speedo gears, x-member, drive shaft, or worry about the cable adjustment. And O/D or not, I'm not planning on taking a 400+HP car on a long highway trip anyway. There's a guy here selling a used TH350 for $250. I might just pick that up, but a converter and shift kit and run it like that for now.

The rime I bought at a local used tire and rim shop. Not sure what they are from, he just went digging through his pile until he had 4 matching wheels that were straight lol. But I'm thinking about going back to 14s.
=====================================================================================================
Well, at least the TH 350 will get you back in action. You'll get to drive the car rather than let it sit around. The 700 would be nice, but I guess it comes down to economics.$$ .. You're not alone in that respect.
As for the stock type steelies. I suppose I can always to to a tire and rim dealer and see what they have to offer.
Thanks man! Good luck with the transmission. I hope the TH350 is a good one.

Yeah we are pretty lucky with used wheels around here. We have a used tire/rim shop. They have great selection and good prices. Then we also have a hubcab place. The guy has like 4 or 5 garages packed wall to wall with old hubcaps and center caps.

I got engine tuned in the last week or so and today just laid a one wheelie peelie probably 75 foot long 😛 far better than the anemic 3.8

finally got me a steering column for the cutlass. thanks to the local yard owner being friends with my grandpa. sorry guys i woulda said i was going on here but to be honest there wasnt much worth looking at. the only car that had any kind of decent parts was one that was t-boned on the passenger said. looks like it hurt too. drivetrain was gone. rearend was gone. dog house gone. all glass busted. driver door gone. interior trashed. hell i didnt even get a steering wheel. but hey, atleast he said when he gets more g-bodies hell call me. ill then in turn announce it on here. i get family pricing too...

Finally threw the long tube headers on, and new exhaust from the headers back, two cats and lots of 3 inch pipe....

I got my old dash out which literally snapped in half upon removal. Heres the hilljock wiring mess from the previous owner :rant:

dashwires.jpg

Then the new GP dash went in

dashin.jpg

And heres the gauge panel I made today with my jigsaw. The blue is the wrap still on the plexiglass. Tomarow is my last day off so I will be busy!

gaugepanel.jpg

Had a ton of stuff to do to the GP the last few days.Tryin to get it ready before I take it for a safety inspection so I can get it legal.Helped my uncle change my Header gaskets,alternator bracket and belt,power locks,sanded down the dash plate and prepped it for paint,straighten the power steerin pump bracket,changed front brakes,put in new blinker bulb,hooked the horn up,pulled the driver seat out and put it where I want it on the track,hooked up the temp gauge and a complete tune up.

Lot of small stuff got done over the last 2 days,still got a lot to do but it should at least be able to get it legal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor